Please tell me if I'm in the wrong!!!! - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Please tell me if I'm in the wrong!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 12:14 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Oh man, that's one poor, totally peed off, cat and I would not wanna be in the same room with it when it got out of the water!

Old 04-30-2012, 12:27 AM   #62

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Oh man, that's one poor, totally peed off, cat and I would not wanna be in the same room with it when it got out of the water!
He don't look happy do he?

Old 04-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 342 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 161

Looks like he'd sell you out in a NY minute...

Old 04-30-2012, 03:13 AM   #64

Liked 1343 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 664

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/kids-guns-59570/

Went though the same thing a while back

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 04-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/kids-guns-59570/

Went though the same thing a while back
Geee- THATS never happened before

Old 04-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #66

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I read through most of these replies and scanned the lengthy ones. I realize you took care of the gun.
My great grandparents grew up around loaded guns, grandparents, parents , me and my son....country folk lol. Stuff happens and it is a good idea to make it fool proof with no child access but I can’t believe what I see as the biggest problem hasn’t been mentioned.
Who do you think has a better chance at getting a loaded gun on top of the fridge , a 5 yo child or a bad gut that is going to see and actually be able to acquire said pistol ? Hiding you weapon is a form of retention.
The #1 reason I don’t like a gun in plain sight is because a BG can get it and use it on you…..if you want a second reason to hide it

Old 04-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #67

Liked 1343 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Yea my dad thought he had the guns hid from me but I knew the 357 S&W 8in stainless in its velvet case was ontop of the fridge . I got it out one day and went hunting , must have been about 8 then , snuck up on a crow and the first shot was a dud and stuck half way down the barrel . Id hate to see the bore on that poor gun now , I freaked out and took a hammer and screw driver and beat that thing out before pops found out about it , never shot that gun again and I would love to know what happen to it .

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 04-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Yea my dad thought he had the guns hid from me but I knew the 357 S&W 8in stainless in its velvet case was ontop of the fridge . I got it out one day and went hunting , must have been about 8 then , snuck up on a crow and the first shot was a dud and stuck half way down the barrel . Id hate to see the bore on that poor gun now , I freaked out and took a hammer and screw driver and beat that thing out before pops found out about it , never shot that gun again and I would love to know what happen to it .
If you had been my kid i could tell you exactly where to find it

Old 04-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #69

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8wapiti
All of my children have been raised around guns, at very young ages they were all taught what guns do (take a kid out and kill a bird or a squirrel and they learn real fast that guns kill), gun safety is taught to them from the time they shot their first bb gun. By age 8 they are taught how to field strip and clean rifles, by age 10 they learn handguns, at age 12 they are enrolled in hunters safety class to be taught gun safety from a professional. Now they are allowed to GO hunting with me, at age 14 they are allowed to carry a rifle and 1 round (in their hand) and after they make their first kill then they are allowed to carry more than 1 round in their rifle and at age 18 they are allowed to carry a handgun also. But at no time are they allowed to handle or use a firearm without supervision, that is rule #1 and it has always been followed. I have 3 children ages 25, 21, and 8 and I have never had an incidence where they have "played" with a gun. If they have a question, they come to me and we address it TOGETHER. They all know guns are tools, very dangerous tools, and are NOT to be handled without me. Most of my guns are in the safe but the house guns are not, those guns are put away out of sight and the kids all know where they are and not to touch them unless they ask. These basic rules and the way I teach the kids are the same rules my dad and my grandfather taught me and there has never been an incident in our family. My thought is that if there is no reason for curiosity then there will be none. Might not be the right way of doing things but it sure does work for us.
I have 2 boys myself a 9 and 2 year old our guns r put up unless on me they r around them when I am home cause I teach my boys I go as far as unloading it and putting the lock on to let them hold it look at it do what they want and my lock goes thru to the ejection port out to the clip ejection so I know its not able to have an accidental discharge and at all times they r supervised by me while its in their hands I have not had a problem

Old 04-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #70

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonlx

Me too I miss my dog a lot he died 3 years ago . Now all I have is a damn cat and they are useless.
Not totally useless the r good targets for target shooting sorry everyone I hate cats that's y dogs r mans best friend