Please tell me if I'm in the wrong!!!! - Page 12
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Please tell me if I'm in the wrong!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineguy View Post
My wife keeps her xd9 on top of the fridge in the kitchen in plain sight. We have a 5 year old boy who I have extensively explained that "mom and dads guns are not toys"!!!!!!!! And explained the difference between our guns and his and also showed him what they are capable of. With that being said. He has no interest in any of them whatsoever and I know he isn't going to touch them at all. I told my wife that she needs to put put it out of sight!!! But yet it remains up there. Am I wrong for wanting her to keep it out of sight? Personally don't believe I am. Just put it somewhere that is fairly easy to get too if the need arises.
Your both wrong.

Small children do NOT absorb training the way we do. Locked up or on your hip is the only appropriate way to store guns in a home with small children.

If she refuses to wear it, put a counter top quick access lockbox next to the fridge. If she refuses to use that, TAKE HER GUN AWAY from her for lack of common sense.

Tack
People Like This 
Old 04-05-2014, 05:55 PM   #112
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Your both wrong.

Small children do NOT absorb training the way we do. Locked up or on your hip is the only appropriate way to store guns in a home with small children.

If she refuses to wear it, put a counter top quick access lockbox next to the fridge. If she refuses to use that, TAKE HER GUN AWAY from her for lack of common sense.

Tack
i have to strongly agree. and out of sight is not the same as secured by any means.

a moments worth of laspe, could forever alter your lives. it's not worth it.