Please tell me if I'm in the wrong!!!! - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Please tell me if I'm in the wrong!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 04:12 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 12

There are just too many ways available to safely store your HD guns today and have quick access to them to not consider one. My kids are grown and gone, but I never know who will just drop by to visit or even stay a few days. I don't have to worry about any guns being stashed around the house. This week I have a nephew from my wife's side of the family staying with us while he is in town for a conference while in college. He is also from Mexico and maybe has never held a gun. It would probable scare the crap out of him to see a gun on top of the fridge or something.

Glenn
FAS1SAFE

therukh Likes This 
Old 03-31-2014, 02:31 AM   #102

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 10

It only takes once

Old 04-05-2014, 03:53 AM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

in my opinion out of sight would not be "secure" enough for me around children if i had some, i would get a small lockbox of some sort or if you wish a safe. children get curious.

shadamai Likes This 
Old 04-05-2014, 04:24 AM   #104
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 185 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Default Lock it Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Never mess with a granny and her chihuahua...
...I'm a grandpa and I keep a loaded Chihuahua by the bed! In all seriousness, with all the fine lock boxes on the market, get one and put the wife's gun in it. Do not wait for her to do it! The biometric ones are nice. I have a GunVault and the gun goes in it when not on my person. No quibbling about the price...how much is your child's life worth?

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

People Like This 
Old 04-05-2014, 04:33 AM   #105
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by therukh View Post
...I'm a grandpa and I keep a loaded Chihuahua by the bed! In all seriousness, with all the fine lock boxes on the market, get one and put the wife's gun in it. Do not wait for her to do it! The biometric ones are nice. I have a GunVault and the gun goes in it when not on my person. No quibbling about the price...how much is your child's life worth?
my Chihuahua will take a BG out at the ankles!

those biometric GunVaults are one of the best things since sliced bread. we chose one for my brother to keep his SD/HD pistol in since he has two young daughters in the house.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:25 AM   #106
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 39

With a child in the house, definitely keep the gun locked up! It only takes a few seconds for your life to change forever.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:19 PM   #107

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 10

get one of these.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/717R9FCdxkL._SL1500_.jpg

Old 04-05-2014, 12:34 PM   #108
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7194 Times on 3650 Posts
Likes Given: 7974

My Dad kept my Moniker WF38 loaded on the top shelf of his closet when me and my sisters were very young. My older sister (about 5 at the time) pulled up a chair and climbed up, was playing with it and blew a hole in the closet through the wall into the hallway. She dropped it and everyone came running. She was very lucky and so were we, it could have turned out very badly but it was a learning moment. The gun went in the sock drawer and the bullets stored downstairs. When we were old enough to accept full responsibility and understand all the warnings and procedures we were taught we were allowed to handle the guns and bullets but not until them.

Tell your wife, if she's not carrying it, its not secure or safe laying anywhere loaded anyone you wouldnt want to hold it could get to it and the bullets at the same time. If she puts it up there empty, its just a brick but its still not secure and the least things that could go wrong would be bad enough (Junior plays with it in the pond, fills it with tomato sauce or sticks it in your back when your on a stepladder changing a lightbulb). Bad idea to leave your piece unsecure when you know their are either strangers or chillens about.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #109
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 327 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 325

If someone feels the need to have quick access to a firearm inside the home why wouldn't they carry it? Having a loaded firearm laying around out and accessible in the home by anyone, regardless if a child or a home invader, is a disaster waiting to happen and illegal in most states. Should a disaster happen, your going to jail regardless of the circumstances.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will."

Ronald Reagan

Old 04-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #110

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 12

This works well in the kitchen instead of on top of the fridge. Secured and hidden. Oh, Bella!

Glenn
FAS1SAFE