Please tell me if I'm in the wrong!!!! - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Please tell me if I'm in the wrong!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1891 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 2633

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Humidity FTL! Make sure he has a goldenrod or some similar humidity combatant.
She has 3 of them down there..2 for guns..1 for ammo. They are bolted down, and have some kind of angle iron cage built around them. (one of her cop buddies is an amature welder..lol). She keeps big bags of desiccant in them, she gets for free out of the boxes at the gun shop. I will mention the goldenrod to her, i looked it up, seems like a good idea...Thanks

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Old 03-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #92

I know from experience, kids can and WILL find your guns! When I was about 10, my best friend and his older brother found dad's S&W revolver, probably a Model 10. We went over to an empty lot and shot it. A few years later, another friend's grandfather died, and we were nosy and looking through some boxes of his old stuff, and we found a very nice S&W .38 S&W revolver. We took that out, shot it, cleaned it, put it away, like we never found it. His little brother found it a day later, loaded it and pulled the trigger, blowing a chunk of the basement wall out, and scaring the hell out of him. We never told his mom we had found the gun, etc, until years later.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #93

Liked 1104 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 730

Quote:
I know from experience, kids can and WILL find your guns!
You know, EVERYBODY should know that, from being a kid once. Although I think boys are more prone to this than girls. (The ladies can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) Even if it wasn't a gun you found......

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:00 AM   #94
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

When both Grandfathers, and all of your Uncles, many Cousins, And you Father all having been LE, Military, and many were both, ( and one who did both at the same time). You get the Gun Lecture very early in life.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 03-08-2014, 07:20 AM   #95

Liked 304 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 23

A 5 yr old is still p*ssing their pants now and then, is afraid of monsters under their bed and eats boogers............

Don't expect grown up logic to work on a little kid (heck it often doesn't work on big kids or supposed adults).

Love 'em but don't trust 'em.

Only a fool would expect a little kid to think and act like an adult should. Train them yes, but do so with safety measures in place should they screw up.

Thinking they will never screw up because they're your kid.............that's a special kind of stupid. I've heard folks say their 3 yr old or their kindergartner "understands".

Yeah right.

Last edited by Hookeye; 03-08-2014 at 07:35 AM.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 03-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #96

Liked 304 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Different kid and home environment.
I knew what an "absolute" was, and also had a dad that was big and mean.
I was given a choice, if wanting to shoot.
Stated was the fact that if I started shooting, I had to give up being a kid.

It was a simple choice

Last edited by Hookeye; 03-08-2014 at 07:41 AM.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:31 PM   #97
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2066 Times on 1223 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

The poor mans 'gun safe', put a standard padlock through the trigger guard BEHIND THE TRIGGER and it can't be fired, loaded or unloaded!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #98

Liked 60 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Complacency, guns and children should never be in the same room.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 03-15-2014, 05:29 AM   #99
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Please tell me if I'm in the wrong!!!!

And keep your ammo( as much as you can) sep. from your Guns. That being said, OP has some great advice from the self made
Experts( no pun or insult intended) despite the guns we have, we only keep one for each of us loaded, but inside of 90 secs. We can deploy 3 additional weapons. Work you plan and plan your work NineGuy. You need to lovingly but sternly lecture your kids, but don't make it off limits. Get him/ her a BB gun when he shows he is responsible enough, while teaching him how to shoot. When he's old enough, you buy him/her a Savage Cricket Single shot bolt action .22. Then, take him/her to an "Appleseed" shooting event. It's run with Ruger 10/22's with a sling. It's possible by the time he/she is in High School, they might even be a better shot then You. PM me if there is any way we can continue to assist.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 03-15-2014 at 05:47 AM.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:47 PM   #100

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Get one of those gun vault quick access safes, don't leave it right out in the open with kids. However , whoever asked why you feel the news to have quick access to a gun in your home is COMPLETELY wrong. I look at it this way: having kids around is exactly why guns shouldn't be left laying around, because kids are stupid. However, ALWAYS have quick access to a gun in your home, because criminals are stupid.

Home invasions happen, folks, read the news. Saying you don't need quick access to a gun in your home is a ridiculous argument and one that is frequently used by the anti gun crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk