pistol suggestions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > pistol suggestions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default pistol suggestions

Looking for a carry pistol, compact but not like a ppk. Want a light trigger or atleast something adjustable. Any ideas?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2264 Times on 1223 Posts
Likes Given: 816

Light trigger?

Check out the Sigs: 238 & 938. They have the best triggers of any pocket pistols. If you want a light trigger, that's what I would lean towards.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 12-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymike View Post
Looking for a carry pistol, compact but not like a ppk. Want a light trigger or atleast something adjustable. Any ideas?
best suggestion, start going to the gun stores and looking at what appeals to you then trying them out. try out as many as possible and settle on the one that feels right to you and suits your needs. then before buying, check out reviews and what the actual owners are saying about it.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6258 Times on 3515 Posts
Likes Given: 5846

Try 'em all. And you''ll probably buy a SIG.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz

Old 12-16-2012, 02:18 AM   #5

Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus
Try 'em all. And you''ll probably buy a SIG.
Or a hk I have a USP .45 compact it's loud and accurate. If .45 is to much then look at same model in 9 Or 40. I also dig sigs don't own one but shot a 226 and a 220

Only the dead will know the end of war - Plato

Old 12-16-2012, 04:02 AM   #6

Liked 757 Times on 483 Posts
Likes Given: 238

If you want a light trigger then get a PPK and shoot it as a single-action. Are you saying you want a very light double-action pull?

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #7

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymike View Post
How about you get something with good aftermarket support and tune the trigger to your liking?.....most triggers are sucky out of the box...even all these high zoot guns everyone recomends...

Old 12-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #8

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Hummmm- light trigger on a CCW

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

oli700 Likes This 
Old 12-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #9

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Compact to me means a single stack magazine or a J-frame. In many years of concealed carry I never found a higher capacity pistol that concealed easily or carried comfortably. If it doesn't conceal and carry right, it is not going to be satisfactory for you, no matter how smooth or light that trigger pull is.

I gravitated toward the Holy Grail of everyday concealed carry pistols for personal defense: the SIG Model 239 in .40 S&W. For me, this is the perfect compromise of size and capacity, with outstanding reliability and handling characteristics. The trigger is one of the smoother and most consistent DA/SA triggers I've found on a modern autopistol. A safe, appropriate DA pull for a self defense pistol. I had to have two, in case anything happened to the first one. This is a creamy gun. Creamy.

After I retired, my dress relaxed. A lot. I now find myself carrying S&W J-frame Centennial Models, the Princes of Pocket Carry Handguns. I just don't wear enough clothes to conceal the M 239's anymore. The S&W Model 340 PD or Model 642 don't have the authority or elegant handling properties of the SIG Model 239, but I am never tempted to leave them behind when I go out, and that is, for me, the most important characteristic of an everyday concealed carry gun.

Last edited by Khromo; 12-16-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #10
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2264 Times on 1223 Posts
Likes Given: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Hummmm- light trigger on a CCW
According to his criteria, I suggested the Sigs. For those exact reasons, I would not carry one.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA