Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   pistol suggestions (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/pistol-suggestions-78537/)

kymike 12-15-2012 08:14 PM

pistol suggestions

Looking for a carry pistol, compact but not like a ppk. Want a light trigger or atleast something adjustable. Any ideas?

ScottA 12-15-2012 08:18 PM

Light trigger?

Check out the Sigs: 238 & 938. They have the best triggers of any pocket pistols. If you want a light trigger, that's what I would lean towards.

Axxe55 12-15-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kymike (Post 1052821)
Looking for a carry pistol, compact but not like a ppk. Want a light trigger or atleast something adjustable. Any ideas?

best suggestion, start going to the gun stores and looking at what appeals to you then trying them out. try out as many as possible and settle on the one that feels right to you and suits your needs. then before buying, check out reviews and what the actual owners are saying about it.

locutus 12-15-2012 10:32 PM

Try 'em all. And you''ll probably buy a SIG.:D

2tone0311 12-16-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus
Try 'em all. And you''ll probably buy a SIG.:D

Or a hk :) I have a USP .45 compact it's loud and accurate. If .45 is to much then look at same model in 9 Or 40. I also dig sigs don't own one but shot a 226 and a 220

hiwall 12-16-2012 03:02 AM

If you want a light trigger then get a PPK and shoot it as a single-action. Are you saying you want a very light double-action pull?

oli700 12-16-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kymike (Post 1052821)

How about you get something with good aftermarket support and tune the trigger to your liking?.....most triggers are sucky out of the box...even all these high zoot guns everyone recomends...

HOSSFLY 12-16-2012 01:50 PM

Hummmm- light trigger on a CCW :rolleyes:

Khromo 12-16-2012 02:36 PM

Compact to me means a single stack magazine or a J-frame. In many years of concealed carry I never found a higher capacity pistol that concealed easily or carried comfortably. If it doesn't conceal and carry right, it is not going to be satisfactory for you, no matter how smooth or light that trigger pull is.

I gravitated toward the Holy Grail of everyday concealed carry pistols for personal defense: the SIG Model 239 in .40 S&W. For me, this is the perfect compromise of size and capacity, with outstanding reliability and handling characteristics. The trigger is one of the smoother and most consistent DA/SA triggers I've found on a modern autopistol. A safe, appropriate DA pull for a self defense pistol. I had to have two, in case anything happened to the first one. This is a creamy gun. Creamy.

After I retired, my dress relaxed. A lot. I now find myself carrying S&W J-frame Centennial Models, the Princes of Pocket Carry Handguns. I just don't wear enough clothes to conceal the M 239's anymore. The S&W Model 340 PD or Model 642 don't have the authority or elegant handling properties of the SIG Model 239, but I am never tempted to leave them behind when I go out, and that is, for me, the most important characteristic of an everyday concealed carry gun.

ScottA 12-16-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 1053567)
Hummmm- light trigger on a CCW :rolleyes:

According to his criteria, I suggested the Sigs. For those exact reasons, I would not carry one.