Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Pistol nervousness/Pistol fun!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 01:39 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thanks for the responses all.

Well I was sitting around visiting with a friend today when I received a call from the friend that I have been going shooting with and he invited us to go out and shoot his Mossberg 12 ga pump (500a) with him. Since I was only able to shoot it one time the other day I figured I would go out and give it another shot.

So we went out and he brought 3 different types of shells for it with him. Two were a little shorter and the third was longer. Steel shot. He said that it was the most powerful of the 3. Anyway, he loaded me up with all one type and let me fire them off, then the next, and the next. And a few mixed ones just for fun.

I must say that it was a LOT more fun than I had initially expected it to be. I don't know why but shotguns have not quite had the same "lure" that pistols and rifles have for me. Shooting a shotgun like that is sort of a different feeling altogether. It's difficult to describe for me. When I fire a rifle or pistol I know that they could do some damage but shooting a 12 gauge and feeling that "kick" and seeing the dirt get tore up like that.....it's awesome! Its a weird feeling of "WOAH!" Now THAT is some true firepower.

I like to read the survivalist threads on here and everyone talks about "If you could only have one gun....." Well I have decided that when the zombies come, I want to greet them with a loaded 12 gauge in my hand!

Btw...I get home and take off my shirt to get in a shave and I had a nice bruise forming already. I was kind of surprised actually....it hurt but not THAT bad......here is a pic of how it looks.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Last edited by painted_klown; 09-02-2008 at 01:54 AM.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:50 AM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 53 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 12

The really NICE thing about a 12 ga. is, you can shoot a large variety of shot sizes, or big ol' slugs. You can have LOW RECOIL or shoulder busting loads... just like you experienced. Shotgun shells are plentiful and affordable. You can get a 12 ga. in bolt action, pump, semi-auto, and full auto in some cases.

Kudos to the 12 gauge!