Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > pink revolver for wifey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 03:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default pink revolver for wifey

me and the misses are gonna take the concealed carry class this summer. and i was thinking about getting her a snub nose revolver in the near future.

i think she would really like a pink gun. I think a .22 revolver would be perfect for her because it is simple to use and she's a tiny little girl and has issues shooting .38 specials through my revolver but she absolutely loves my .22.

any guns come to mind?

ps...please no harping on the inadequacy of the .22 as a self defense round. its better than nothing. and personally, id rather someone miss me with a .38 special than hit me center mass with a .22 any day.

that being said, if there are absolutely no pink .22 revolvers out there ill entertain other calibers but nothing bigger than .38 special

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-10-2009, 06:47 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You could get the .22 LR airweight J-Frame from Smith & Wesson and put the pink grips on it. Not sure about snubbies with a factory pink finish.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Last edited by Bighead; 03-11-2009 at 07:11 AM.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #3

Not sure about revolvers, but Sig makes a small .22 called the Mosquito that can come with a pink frame. It's a bright pink, too

Old 03-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Taurus used to made .22lr revolvers with pink mother of pearl grips...
They make a .32 revolver too...

Here's a review: Taurus Ultra-Lite .32 Magnum

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Last edited by AsmelEduardo; 03-12-2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Add a review

Old 03-13-2009, 01:54 AM   #5

I would suggest you find what fits her hand and she shoots well with.....

and then send it in to BEAR COAT, THE ULTIMATE ALL WEATHER FIREARMS FINISH and have them turn it pink !

I just saw a 870 youth a deputy bought for his daughters....he had it made pink and it was very cool !

Old 03-13-2009, 01:59 AM   #6

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Decisions, decisions. decisions!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-13-2009, 02:03 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

haha she didn't like the blowdryer as much as I did.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:11 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Now that is funny.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 03-13-2009, 02:27 PM   #9

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Ok I am going to buck the system here. Now I think you need to take her with you and ask her what she wants. She may not want a pink gun and she may not want a 22lr as a CCW gun. The 22 while my favorite round is not very good and taking out 220# of hopped up rapiest with 1 to 6 shots. Might make him think twice might kill him or it might get her killed as well. Are you willing to bet your wives life on that? I am not. If she has problems shooting 38 spec lodas then get her a 22 and work her up to shooting more powerfull loads. Maybe get her working her arm muscles out some with something like this as getting her arms a little stonger to handel more powerfull rounds.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Ok I am going to buck the system here. Now I think you need to take her with you and ask her what she wants. She may not want a pink gun and she may not want a 22lr as a CCW gun. The 22 while my favorite round is not very good and taking out 220# of hopped up rapiest with 1 to 6 shots. Might make him think twice might kill him or it might get her killed as well. Are you willing to bet your wives life on that? I am not. If she has problems shooting 38 spec lodas then get her a 22 and work her up to shooting more powerfull loads. Maybe get her working her arm muscles out some with something like this as getting her arms a little stonger to handel more powerfull rounds.
You need to read the book Thank God I had a Gun by Chris Bird. (Amazon.com: Thank God I Had a Gun: True Accounts of Self-Defense: Chris Bird: Books) Especially one chapter in which a man is shot 4 times with a a larger caliber than a .22 (don't remember exactly right now and a friend has borrowed the book) and still continues to fight. That could happen to your wife. Tango is right. You don't want to risk her life and a .22 isn't going to cut it even at center mass if this is a big guy. I know you really didn't want to hear this, but this is genuine concern. Get your wife into self defense classes and maybe some type of workout class. Let her strengthen her self and don't let her carry anything lighter than a .38 If she has small hands (only if she has small hands because otherwise she will not be able to grip it properly) have her test out a keltec. My father is not able to grip the keltec and hold onto it and he is a rather strong man, but since my entire hand fits on it I can grip it just fine. keltec isn't one to malfunction much and it is something she should be able to conceal. If she is small like you say she is, she wont be able to conceal MOST of your revolvers.

Not all of us are trophy hunters.