Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Pilots with guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 04:25 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Ik most people know it is fake but there are to many people out there that have no clue and think everything they see is real...

Like the extra 300 stunt plane that landed perfectly after ripping its wing off..

This actually happened and the plane entered a death spiral an the only thing that saved the pilot was the parachute he deployed on his aircraft..

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 832 Times on 504 Posts
Likes Given: 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 View Post
Ik most people know it is fake but there are to many people out there that have no clue and think everything they see is real...
Arming a flight crew is dangerous, cuz you never know when the person at the controls might go nuts and use their sidearm instead of the axe that's already in ever cockpit.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #13

Liked 2446 Times on 1393 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

I got a real kick out of the "the Grand Canyon, which BTW is coming

into view" part. He sounded like a real pilot.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:19 AM   #14

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

Believe that until 1972 any commercial airplane that transported U.S. mail was required by law to have at least one person on the flight deck armed at all times.( I think the law applied to all vehicles and trumped state firearms laws for transport and carry)

Old 04-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8604 Times on 3730 Posts
Likes Given: 1322

4T, you are correct. Matter of fact, there was a case in the 70s of a deranged individual who tried to force his way into the cockpit, was shot by the Cpt. That flight diverted into my hometown- Richmond VA.

In the 60s, when I traveled with a sidearm, I got a "gun chit" from the ticket agent- boarded aircraft, gave gun and chit to Cpt, reclaimed at end of flight.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 04-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #16

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearhunter View Post
Thought you all would like to hear this about pilots with guns.
Copy and paste in your browser, turn up volume and listen
Its only about 30 seconds long.

http://www.toilette-humor.com/airplanes/airplane.shtml
Thanks for the link, this is a great way to start off a Monday.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #17

If I commented on why I believed flight deck and support crews on airplanes are going loony,the weather has been radically changed for about a decade,that strange low frequency humming people all over the US.complain about and the more common complaint that people everywhere say they have an uncontrollable sensation of falling to the left when walking....well,you might believe that I was ready for a rubber room.

Just keep in mind the ever vigilant and courageous Israeli's are our best friends in a war we're currently unprepared to fight....and the Russians and Chinese most certainly are NOT.....remember that Tesla figured out how to transmit massive amounts of energy through the earths surface by the turn of last century...and that might not be an entirely good thing in the wrong hands...Also remember that any government worth it's salt would lie to the entire human race to maintain it's power...and a world wide cabal of corrupt governments would be more likely to do so.

Yeah..Yeah...I know what you're saying but George Soros (?) bragging about bringing down world banks and whole countries economy's,Iran on the human rights council of the UN...and an African born, registered Muslim Indonesian citizen(no dual citizenship in Indonesia)in the big house,and possibly the only person who's seen the unsealed record now with immunity on the supreme's...an admission before a court that YES the supplied birth record is bogus(have you missed that tidbit on the news lately?)...Qkay..Qkay..so I'm just a little paranoid....and no I'm not worried that anyone would blatantly thumb their nose at the constitution and preach class warfare or use executive authority to evade the law...hmmm..enemies foreign AND domestic.

Speaking of Richmond VA.it's my understanding that since they adopted the NRA. backed project Exile,the bad guys evade just long enough to ditch their guns before they're caught.That's what I call REAL GUN CONTROL.

I'm still trying to answer the age old riddle about beans and bullets...If as said an army fights on it's stomach...is it better to be full of beans and risk getting shot while crawling around looking for bullets or...be near starvation and fight your way to some beans...I guess it really doesn't matter if most people think you're already full of beans anyway...

+

Old 04-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 141 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Back in the Bad old days LEO's would board first and meet the pilot and he decided if the LEO would surrender his weapon to be kept on the flight deck or keep it in his holster. If he kept it he would not be served alcohol.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:38 PM   #19

I'm sure that's probably called....progress.

So why don't we feel a lot safer?

Old 04-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #20
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2060 Times on 1117 Posts
Likes Given: 744

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
1. Of course the "in flight announcement" is a parody
2. Yes, they overlooked that many commercial pilots began as military pilots.
3. If the airline is El Al, the national airline of Israel, do not be too sure that your flight attendant does not have a gun.
4. MY idea of an armed pilot.......
Attachment 44203
That's for taking out the twit with no radio who just cut you off in the pattern.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA