Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Pilots with guns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/pilots-guns-63002/)

Dearhunter 04-21-2012 06:59 PM

Pilots with guns

Thought you all would like to hear this about pilots with guns.
Copy and paste in your browser, turn up volume and listen
Its only about 30 seconds long.

http://www.toilette-humor.com/airplanes/airplane.shtml

c3shooter 04-21-2012 10:57 PM

Truth can sometimes be funnier than a good joke- when they STARTED the Armed Flight Deck Officer program (pilot that has approval to bring handgun on board with him) , they wanted to preclude selecting people that had aggresive personalities.

The FIRST psych screening test included a question that, IF you said YES, disqualified you from selection. Are you ready for this?

Question was- Would you like to be a jet fighter pilot- Yes or No?

Ummm- seems someone overlooked the number of airline pilots that did just that when they began flying- or still do it on weekends for the Air National Guard.....

Axxe55 04-21-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 778177)
Truth can sometimes be funnier than a good joke- when they STARTED the Armed Flight Deck Officer program (pilot that has approval to bring handgun on board with him) , they wanted to preclude selecting people that had aggresive personalities.

The FIRST psych screening test included a question that, IF you said YES, disqualified you from selection. Are you ready for this?

Question was- Would you like to be a jet fighter pilot- Yes or No?

Ummm- seems someone overlooked the number of airline pilots that did just that when they began flying- or still do it on weekends for the Air National Guard.....

if i'm not mistaken, are not a lot of commercial airline pilots former military pilots? many of whom flew jet fighters in the military?

hockeyjr1 04-21-2012 11:29 PM

Really guys? I'm calling bull on this whole recording... I'll explain my reasons...

1. Im sure they tell you during your training to NEVER tell anyone you have a gun. So they say this and on the way off the plane a guy grabs one off a pilot and shoots the other and takes people hostage... Never would happen but u can't rule it out.

2. It's gotta be against SOP's to talk about that over the loud speaker. But I can't say ik them all.

3. He said he was carrying a .357 and the lead flight attendant had a 22 ruger... Fill me in but since when can either round pierce body armor? Maybe the .357 at point blank but I highly doubt it...

I saved the real kicker for last....

4. Flight attendants CANNOT carry a firearm. You know why? There is NO training for them!

I'm all for a packing pilot as I am a pilot myself and would love to carry concealed on my flights in the future... But to put a loaded weapon in the cabin on a flight attendant is absolutely retarted...

Ok so who thinks its real now? Lol

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

HockaLouis 04-22-2012 12:17 AM

I'm really beginning to wonder about you guys -- of course that was a joke.

What isn't funny is that the administration has cut the $25M/year program to train any future pilots from being allowed to carry guns -- they might shoot a jihadist for Allah's sake!

c3shooter 04-22-2012 01:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
1. Of course the "in flight announcement" is a parody
2. Yes, they overlooked that many commercial pilots began as military pilots.
3. If the airline is El Al, the national airline of Israel, do not be too sure that your flight attendant does not have a gun.
4. MY idea of an armed pilot.......
Attachment 44203

partdeux 04-22-2012 02:09 AM

C3, now that's a close quarters defensive weapon, LOL

gollygee 04-22-2012 02:13 AM

For some reason a flight attendant is not capable of handing a firearm?

c3shooter 04-22-2012 03:11 AM

Gollygee- in the US, they are not eligible for the Armed Flight Deck Officer program.

HockaLouis 04-22-2012 04:16 AM

Pilots and navigators are officers. Stewardesses are enlisted. Sorry...