Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Picking a gun. Help/suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 10:07 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Tupperware? how rude If you choose the Glock, your making a smart choice. Im saving up for the G23 so, u cant go wrong wit glock. You can also look into XD's, thier in the glock price area too. I like xd's but i done tons of homework(even now) and i still like the glock over springfield. Basically, the choice is yours but, you said you shot a glock and enjoyed it so;it sounds like you made your decision. When it comes to price,access to parts,durability,reliability,easy maintenance.......ya gotta consider Glocks

Old 08-26-2010, 10:55 PM   #42

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Don't overlook the Beretta PX4. I paid 575 for it. My friends that shot it like it as much or more than their xd's. super accurate, comfortable, Leonardo used it in Inception. beretta-px4-2-.jpg

Old 08-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #43

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default New Gun, it can be a hard thing to do, point of view

I find it curious here how many here consider you an outcast if you don't go with the .45 in a 1911 or something of the like. I will probably be damned to eternal hell for saying this but the 1911 is the most uncomfortable and ugliest gun I have ever had to shoot.

My last gun shop visit was not one of my better ones. Being a woman and not exactly an ugly one I am told, I always seem to draw a crowd of guys who want to educate me in the way of firearms. It is the quiet ones you want to listen too. They are usually the older guys who have some "real experience" in using firearms.

I bought a SR9c after being told and argued with that I should only buy a 45 to serve for my defensive purposes and only in Kimber, Springfield, Glock, and on and on. The fact is 45s are simply too big for me on recoil. I can shoot them if I need too but they are not my fit in any of their sizes. I carry in my holster bag a FNH Browning Hi-Power and got the SR9c for wearing on my person. Poor me and my little 9mms.

In one of my last posts I was told that I said the same thing as one of the experts. Did I step on someone's xxxx? So sorry... I have been traveling a lot these last six years I am still learning the communication style on the west side of the pond.

Listening to it all from the experts will be very educational and mostly entertaining. Just go get what fits you from a reliable gun maker that shoots a caliber you can afford, make sure it is functional, and practice like hell with a good qualified instructor so you can hit what you aim at. You will find it a very fun thing.

Love between a man and a woman is not an emotion. It is a commitment.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:45 PM   #44

I enjoy shooting my 1911 as well as my Glock 23C and Glock 21. I want to point out that there are definately a few ok branks of 1911 that are same price or cheaper in some cases as the glock.

Buy a .45 for the money it is well worth it. And the man stopping power of the .45 is way way better than the .40. If you only are going to have one gun atm.

I payed $600 out the door spare mag for my glock 21.
I payed $545 for my taurus 1911.

Old 08-29-2010, 02:35 AM   #45

Day V,

As Viking said, BERSA is really proving their selves to be the best weapon of affordability. My dad has had the Thunder 380 for years, and I've always loved that gun so much that while yes ammo is outragious, I got myself one. Icarry all day and night. 300-400 is alot for me, but I am thinking very seriously about getting the Ultra Pro that is offered in 9mm, 40cal., and 45acp. Personally I'm a biggy on external hammers and DA/SA capabilities. The 9mm luger is my choice simly because I spend a good bit of time at the range. My 380 breaks my wallet though. As for the price range you were looking for, if you go a little cheaper (not a flippin saturday night special) you can still have some $$$ jingle left to put towards a shotgun as you had mentioned. Again, just my $.02 worth. But if you are new into guns, I think that a shotgun is something every home needs. If they did, I promice that crime rates would plummet. However, whatever, good luck. Oh and you can't ever go wrong with a gun unless it consists of you getting rid of 'em. (note: my signature q=^D) Any gun is better than no gun. Also, as for the guys that are going to write against the Bersa, research them. Read some reviews. You will be impressed. IMHO Bersa has got to be the best semi-auto manufacturers of the affordable firearms. On a scale of 1-10, I give it a 9.5. That's an awesome pistol. Am I against any of the other suggestions? No. But there are other guns than just 1911's, Glocks, S&W's, and XD's. Yes I'd love to have one of those, but why spend that much on a Glock or an XD/XDM, when I can get two for the same cost. Day V just let us know what it is that you decide. And again, GOOD LUCK!