Picked up a new FNS-40 for the wife today

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Picked up a new FNS-40 for the wife today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 01:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Default Picked up a new FNS-40 for the wife today

Teaching the wife some pistol skills with the FNS-40 we picked up today,, soon she will have her concealed hand gun licence and this beauty will he her carry piece

i also shot it and its extremely accurate, i was impressed to see a 2" 14 shot group at 25 feet,(my first try at a group with it) though i shoot a lot. She is damn good with a rifle but now this will be her first pistol and she will soon be damn good with it too... i like it but its still not as nice as my HK P-30

http://youtu.be/LqaUa3NWoFs

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #2

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Your wife is gonna carry and/or put that in her purse eh...
OK

Old 05-20-2013, 01:18 AM   #3

never never never should a woman carry her pistol in her purse and yes she is going to carry it,, i am pretty slim my self and carry a full size handgun and always have

when she gets a holster for it and we start trying some carry ideas i will post videos, yes its possible for a small woman to carry a full size handgun.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #4

http://youtu.be/kVNH1Amma4k

Old 05-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1876 Times on 1100 Posts
Likes Given: 894

Thanks for the video of her trying to shoot the 40. It shows it is way to much gun for her. But she gets a "A" of trying!
She indicated it 'hurt' her several times and she was not leaning into it but leaning back which shows she is afraid of it. Nice try, not get her a good 38 2 inch and she will be much happier, safer, more confident, and accurate.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 05-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #6

would never get anything smaller than a .40 for carry and this is her personal choice,, also this was 200 rounds threw the gun, and the stippling was too rough,, so she filed it down and now the problem is solved

a .380 is a joke,, hell a 9mm is very marginal at best

she shoots very good with this pistol and it fits her hand very well

Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Thanks for the video of her trying to shoot the 40. It shows it is way to much gun for her. But she gets a "A" of trying!
She indicated it 'hurt' her several times and she was not leaning into it but leaning back which shows she is afraid of it. Nice try, not get her a good 38 2 inch and she will be much happier, safer, more confident, and accurate.
ok this is the woman shooting the .40... it certainly isn't too much for me. i normally shoot rifles, not pistols and this was my choice of pistol that i picked out for myself as a person carry. this was my first time shooting this particular piece and the only reason i was leaning back was because i had my weight dispensed on back leg which i now know is the wrong way to stand. im trying to break the bad habbit of the bad stance as well as the flinching when i shoot,,,,, which has nothing to do with the piece i am shooting..... i even did it with my friends .32,,, and that surely isn't too much of a gun for anyone..... i was grouping within 6 inches with my .40 in a before video,,,, sorry but think that's pretty good for someone who really doesn't shoot pistols all to often.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1876 Times on 1100 Posts
Likes Given: 894

More myth.
I really get tired of trying to overcome the misinformation, but here we go again!
If you carry the 'best' defense ammo available today in the 9, 357, 40 or 45 there no realistic difference in the terminal effect on a human target. From the best to the worst is about 5% difference in permanent wound cavity which in the real world means they are the same.
If she wants to use this gun more power to her, but she would be better served with a smaller PPD!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 05-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #9

if my buddy brings his .380 by again i will post a video of us shooting a large pine tree at 12 feet and then pealing the bark off of it and retrieving the bullet just under the bark,, its not a myth,, under penetration is a major issue if you come up against a large wild animal or a large person

i do a lot of shooting and have seen first hand that there are many rounds out there that just aren't up to the task,, even a .22lr will penetrate better than a .380,, go do some real world testing for your self and stop listening to what is on the internet before you call something a myth

im not trying to be ugly here just i will always go by what i have seen with my own eyes vs anything someone could ever tell me

edit

i bring up the wild animal thing cause i have had to draw on dogs far more than i have people, but i live in the country where no one uses fences or leashes, trust me i know first hand what happens when you use small rounds like that, and i dont want to hear about shot placement because you will not have that luxury when a large dog is charging you on your morning jog...... not everyone carries for the same reasons and for our reasons its either .40+ or .357mag+ and she don't like wheel guns so there you have it

Last edited by Nathantc; 05-21-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:27 PM   #10

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Boy is that all gonna go nowhere, fast, and furious... It won't end well Ram..., Nathan.