Phoenix Arms, Out of Business? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Phoenix Arms, Out of Business?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 04:13 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
Just went to my favorite LGS and they are saying that they are not making any pistols at this time, that they are actually not in business anymore... Has anyone else heard anything about this? Their website is still up, and not saying anything about not producing anymore.
Just bought a deluxe kit in basic black last August for $229 counting tax. Made the mods shown on Youtube and have been enjoying it for six months now.

With STANDARD Velocity ammo it performs well with either barrel. The 5" bbl works even better with a dab of 'white-out' on the front sight. Lets me see the blade when outlined by the black of the bullseye.

My LGS said I can buy the satin nickel anytime I want.

eldar

Old 01-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #22

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I considered an hp22, cause it has surprisingly good reviews, for its cheap SNS quality. The only handgun I have, right now, is an FIE E22. It is the worst POS gun I have ever seen/used. Some people say it works fine, but mine...
you can't even shoot regular .22lr through it, or it'll jam almost every shot. Sub sonics work for about 3-4 rounds. The only bullets I have fired through it with no issues, was aguila sniper sub sonics and Remington thunderbolts. It doesn't just jam, like a FTF, no, it jams with FTF, failure to eject, stovepipe, bending the cartridges on the feed ramp, stopping at half-battery

Old 01-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #23

Liked 125 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Default Apples to Oranges

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberFan View Post
Yes...and I'll stick with my Kimbers and their one year warranty too.
So you do agree that comparing your $1200 Kimber to a $150 plinker makes your Kimber look so much the better?

I don't own a HP22 because it doesn't lock open on an empty magazine. I also don't own a Kimber because I won't buy a new gun that doesn't have a lifetime warranty.

I just prefer to see a comparison of guns that is fair and valid.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 324 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiksdraw View Post
So you do agree that comparing your $1200 Kimber to a $150 plinker makes your Kimber look so much the better?

I don't own a HP22 because it doesn't lock open on an empty magazine. I also don't own a Kimber because I won't buy a new gun that doesn't have a lifetime warranty.

I just prefer to see a comparison of guns that is fair and valid.

Look, I'm not sure where you're going with this but, I'm not going to be baited into an arguement over Kimber verses Phoenix Arms so disengage.... If you don't want a Kimber for the warranty- don't buy one...if you don't like the Phoenix because it doesn't open on an empty mag- whatever...find something else you like. Let it go, man.

"The government did not write the constitution to give rights to the people. The people wrote the constitution to limit the government's power."

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977

Last edited by KimberFan; 01-21-2013 at 07:21 PM.
People Like This 
Old 01-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #25

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Well, as an update, the same store I was at got some in just in time for Christmas, so I was able to get her one. She loves it. My sister shot it and loved it. My aunt is even thinking of one.

As for the ROF guns, these are better than the Jimenez Arms 9mm my BIL had. A pin kept sliding over and jambing the slide. He even said at times if the slide was open, and you slammed another mag in, it'd release the slide... that'd make me nervous- was a random thing. I don't want any of my firearms doing anything random, I want it predictable.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:08 AM   #26

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
The only handgun I have, right now, is an FIE E22. It is the worst POS gun I have ever seen/used. Some people say it works fine, but mine...
I guess well find out about the E22 pistol. A friend of mine is selling me his. Let the party start!

eldar

Old 01-22-2013, 12:09 AM   #27

Liked 125 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Kimberfan, I'm just pulling your chain, a little. Now if you had compared it to a Glock.....!

Old 01-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #28

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast

I guess well find out about the E22 pistol. A friend of mine is selling me his. Let the party start!

eldar
I got mine for $100.
It's a solid built gun, but it doesn't perform how it looks like it should. They were actually sub-contracted through Beretta (hence, why it looks like a model 92), and imported by FIE. It's bad, but its not downright worthless. I have killed a cottonmouth with it, and its always by my side on hunting trips (cause its the only handgun I own, right now, and seeing as how gun prices are currently too high, it will be awhile before I can get another).
Old 01-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 324 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiksdraw View Post
Kimberfan, I'm just pulling your chain, a little. Now if you had compared it to a Glock.....!
Geez...will you quit doing that? I'm old and I got all puckered up and pizzy and was told to go sit in the corner by my wife until I could behave......again.

"The government did not write the constitution to give rights to the people. The people wrote the constitution to limit the government's power."

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977

People Like This