Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Phoenix Arms, Out of Business?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 01:43 AM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19814 Times on 11249 Posts
Likes Given: 49935

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
They should be out if business. But even if they were someone else would buy up their equipment and make the same disposable crap that they do. Or they would relaunch their crap under another name.

Don't worry if they go out if business. Someone else will make a pistol that won't last in their place.
funny thing is, that's exactly what they have been doing for over 35 years now. most of the first companies, the owners were either related or related by marriage. a few now are owned and operated by former employees of the original companies.

much better choices for pistols than these out there. they always make good trotline weights if nothing else!

Old 11-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 34

May have to check another store then. I know the pistol she shot is over 5 years old, has had many rounds thru it, and so far only has had one minor issue which they fixed with no issues. They even replaced the melted grips from when my friend used the original Gun Scrubber on it that wasn't polymer safe yet.

Besides, she is only going to use it as a plinker for when I go to the range, she got her CCW but refuses to carry, only got it to make it easier for me to be legal when she is in the vehicle with me.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #13

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Worst firearm ever owned was a Phoenix arms 22lr pistol. From day one factory new it would not cycle a full mag. Changed ammo, sent back to factory. They send it back with some white lithium grease all over it and say it worked for them. Still wouldn't run a full mag through. Threw it in the safe and sold it to a poor friend of mine for cheap who wanted a pistol to carry when hiking.
Biggest pile of crap i ever shot. 2nd biggest was a Jennings 22lr which i still own unfortunately.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 317 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 110

I got one of these (new) awhile back in a gun range event raffle and I've used it for the exact reason TEXASWOODWORKER stated..."a tackle box" shooter. The first thing I did was tear it down...laugh at how it was made...then I took to polishing the load ramp and slides with some emery cloth and dremel buffing wheel, oiled it up and I ran five full mags thru it with not a single hitch. It stays in the tackle box. I figure for a free popper, it'll never replace my Kimbers or others but, a rattlesnake pops up now and then while fishing and if nothing else, I'll throw it at him if it misfires.

"The government did not write the constitution to give rights to the people. The people wrote the constitution to limit the government's power."

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977

Old 01-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #15

Liked 120 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberFan View Post
I got one of these (new) awhile back in a gun range event raffle and I've used it for the exact reason TEXASWOODWORKER stated..."a tackle box" shooter. The first thing I did was tear it down...laugh at how it was made...then I took to polishing the load ramp and slides with some emery cloth and dremel buffing wheel, oiled it up and I ran five full mags thru it with not a single hitch. It stays in the tackle box. I figure for a free popper, it'll never replace my Kimbers or others but, a rattlesnake pops up now and then while fishing and if nothing else, I'll throw it at him if it misfires.
Really? Comparing a pocket-sized mouse gun to a Kimber?

You do know that HP22 has a better warranty than Kimber?
Old 01-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1377 Times on 936 Posts
Likes Given: 472

What is whacked about the ring of fire guns is if someone made them out of acceptable materials and rebranded they would bring a nice price. They all are striker fired good shooting guns. That is the difference between a hi point and a jennings. The hi point was designed to be made of pot metal. The jennings was designed to be made of alunimun/stainless steel and quality steel machined parts.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #17

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Ive had one for a few yrs, I coupe fte, but I can say it wasnt the ammo (blazer value pack) but my 10yr daught loves it ...

forumrunner_20130120_160134.jpg

forumrunner_20130120_160200.jpg
Jus got some range time in yesterday with her. just u jus keep it clean and well oiled it will run pretty good

Old 01-21-2013, 12:52 AM   #18

I have a HP22 that my wife got back for me back in the mid-late 90's as a Valentines day present when we were dating. For what it is, I've been happy with it and still have it (both the HP22 and the wife). Greatest thing I done to it was to polish the feed ramp and experiment with ammo till I found what worked in it without any problems. I have a GSG 22lr 1911 and my wife has a Sig Mosquito, the HP22 isnt the quality of either of those but at its price point it isnt meant to be.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:56 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 317 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiksdraw View Post
Really? Comparing a pocket-sized mouse gun to a Kimber?

You do know that HP22 has a better warranty than Kimber?

Yes...and I'll stick with my Kimbers and their one year warranty too.

"The government did not write the constitution to give rights to the people. The people wrote the constitution to limit the government's power."

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977

Old 01-21-2013, 01:14 AM   #20

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

You can think what you want to about the Phoenix HP22, but I have two of them. They are great pistols for what they are. For less than $200 dollars what do you think you will be getting? come on folks, It's a plinker. don't bet your life on it It's not a perfect answer to self defense. I use mine to blow holes in paper and shooting what I catch in my traps. Get over it. I train to hip shoot and as long as it's clean it shoots well. You can get good or bad with any weapon. Some time try a Walther .22. Nice name but a piece of crap. But if you use it for practice, you will learn how to clear a missfire quickly, safely, and continue shooting. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.