Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Phoenix Arms, Out of Business? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/phoenix-arms-out-business-76998/)

Cutlass327 11-24-2012 05:45 PM

Phoenix Arms, Out of Business?

Just went to my favorite LGS and they are saying that they are not making any pistols at this time, that they are actually not in business anymore... Has anyone else heard anything about this? Their website is still up, and not saying anything about not producing anymore.

Blueguns 11-24-2012 06:01 PM

I haven't heard anything about that.

texaswoodworker 11-24-2012 06:48 PM

Isn't Phoenix Arms one of the "Ring of Fire" Saturday Night Special companies?

BeyondTheBox 11-25-2012 01:24 AM

Bought one few months ago, haven't heard anything about it. Yes they're ROF SNS maker.

Cutlass327 11-25-2012 06:49 PM

What does that mean, Ring Of Fire? I understand the Saturday Night Special thing...

BeyondTheBox 11-25-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutlass327
What does that mean, Ring Of Fire? I understand the Saturday Night Special thing...

Area of california where these sns manufacturers all reside

texaswoodworker 11-25-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutlass327 (Post 1026684)

The ring of fire includes Bryco Arms, Jimenez Arms, Jennings Firearms, Raven Arms, and Phoenix Arms. These companies are all connected in some way. Usually, the owners are related, or were related. They all make Saturday Night Specials, and personally, I wouldn't use them.
There have been stories of guns blowing up, or going full auto without warning. Not all of them are dangerous like this, but some of them are. The safe ones are ok for plinking, or as a tackle box gun, but are not really reliable enough for a SD guns, unless you have no other choice.

mdemotte 11-25-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutlass327
Just went to my favorite LGS and they are saying that they are not making any pistols at this time, that they are actually not in business anymore... Has anyone else heard anything about this? Their website is still up, and not saying anything about not producing anymore.

Website still operational, phones still work, I bought one 2 weeks ago .... So I ll say they are still operating. They make pretty decent little plinkers for the money. I might suspect your LGS might be trying to upsell you to something with a little more margin! Just a thought!

eldarbeast 11-25-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 1026722)
There have been stories of guns blowing up, or going full auto without warning.

This is certainly true. I have had a S&W Model 41 go full auto, the sear was worn down that much from being shot at the gunrange.

There we were, shooting 10 round magazines ~ Pop! Pop! Brrrriiiipppp!

The Marines Armory at Quantico replaced the sear with one they manufactured right on the spot. Good folks, those Marines.

eldar

SSGN_Doc 11-26-2012 01:32 AM

They should be out if business. But even if they were someone else would buy up their equipment and make the same disposable crap that they do. Or they would relaunch their crap under another name.

Don't worry if they go out if business. Someone else will make a pistol that won't last in their place.