Phoenix 22 , good deal or not? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Phoenix 22 , good deal or not?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 11:27 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6836 Times on 3634 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
Jon, I wish you would not say things like this. A Straw Purchase is very different from a boyfriend or husband purchasing a gun for their significant other. I am a gun dealer & even the ATF will agree with me on this. Also a father or step-father purchasing a gun for his son? Be reasonable.
maybe i shoulda been more detailed on that.

you can give them as gifts but it is a big risk since your leaving interpretation of bona fide gift up to the district attorney where you are buying. in the middle part of the country its generally not an issue but on the coasts in liberal havens DAs slobber at the chance to put law abiders in jail.

consider what would occur to you if an accident occurs or the recipient uses it to defend themselves and the prosecuter happens to be a liberal asshat, digs into the chain of ownership. its just another piece of info they can twist around to use against you and your loved one so a lawyer can put another notch in the belt.

anytime "intent" comes up it can be twisted however the DA chooses.

the two guns ive bought for my wife ive given her the money and let her fill out the papers for her ar15 and her bersa.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Last edited by JonM; 11-26-2010 at 11:30 PM.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:59 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Big gun show Dec 3-5 I will have 3 wall tables and trust me, Plenty of pretty pink guns for sale. You can bet I will be selling pink guns to Dad for Mom & the Kids.
The biggest part of The Straw Purchase is a "gray area". As a BS law hater I am happy to explore places where the politically correct seller fears to tread.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:08 AM   #13

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default reply

Not that ive had alot of women in my life but ones ive had I tried to teach how to shoot a handgun(not forcably) and one of my all time favorites seems to fight everyone Ruger Mk1 .22lr. Its so forgiving and fun to shoot that if they dont like it I dont think they would like anything. Just my 2 cents worth if your trying to attract anyone to gunsports.

On a second note: all the women ive taught to shoot thankfully left on good terms and never tried to test out their new found skills on me

Old 11-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default clarification:

A 22 is no self defense gun. You are better off with a baseball bat in some situations. My wife already carries a ruger p95 in her purse.(...i know a little big,but she handles it superbly.) We are only lookin for a plinker and thats why im thinkin cheaply. We are savin money to get her an SR9c, she should have it in a month or two. No phoenix for sd, chipmunks maybe.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #15

Phoenix 22A is great little plinker that eats any 22 bulk ammo and fits in your pocket. My friends and I that have them have never had any cracks and I bought mine used.

Mine has been totally reliable for 2 years.

The mag safety which bothers most people can be removed in 5 min via the left grip panel. No big deal.

Since it comes with a life time warranty if it ever does crack send it back to Phoenix for a free replacement.
The 3 inch barrel is plenty accurate even more so with the 5 inch.

Phoenix 22 , good deal or not? - General Handgun Discussion