Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Perfect Pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 01:31 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 162 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter

Maybe, if you bought carefully, and maybe used. Throw in any amount of ammo, and I doubt it......
With a $5000.00 budget. If they buy smart, they could. True about the ammo though but they can always buy that later. Lol.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:52 AM   #32
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 37 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 7

There's no such thing as the perfect handgun.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:02 AM   #33

Liked 1631 Times on 854 Posts
Likes Given: 3375

Yep. what's perfect for me may not be perfect for you.

I do love my CZ's though. The only thing somewhat bad about em, is that they ain't made in the USA.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:12 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster View Post

With a budget like that you can get very well equipped. Couple of 1911's, couple of CCW's and a couple of AR's. Ammo and holster's. I know many fail to mention Magnum Research guns but they make a nice 1911. CZ also makes great pistols. Enjoy.
doesn't magnum research make nice desert eagles?

Old 04-29-2013, 03:22 AM   #35

Liked 1631 Times on 854 Posts
Likes Given: 3375

Yep, they make nice Desert Eagles and 1911's.

www.magnumresearch.com/Firearms/Magnum-Research-Desert-Eagle-1911-G-Model.asp

Old 04-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #36

Liked 636 Times on 428 Posts
Likes Given: 386

Quote:
Yep. what's perfect for me may not be perfect for you.
Yeah, and not only that, there probably isn't a gun made that COMPLETELY satisfies me. Some come close, though.

Quote:
The only thing somewhat bad about em, is that they ain't made in the USA.
That is indeed a shame. Now, I used to be Buy American! to a ridiculous degree. As I got older, I realized value for the money is more important. Doesn't matter where it comes from. It IS nice to find a product once in a while that's made locally (SIG, Ruger SA revolvers, specifically) and is fantastic but, IMHO, the USA has lost the majority of our manufacturing prowess. We just don't know how to get 'er done, in most cases. Consumers looking for cheap, throw away stuff don't help. But I see issues in manufacturing at work that are just appalling. No one either really gives a ****, or knows how, or both. Which is too bad. Rant over.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #37
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 99 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter

That is indeed a shame. Now, I used to be Buy American! to a ridiculous degree. As I got older, I realized value for the money is more important. Doesn't matter where it comes from. It IS nice to find a product once in a while that's made locally (SIG, Ruger SA revolvers, specifically) and is fantastic but, IMHO, the USA has lost the majority of our manufacturing prowess. We just don't know how to get 'er done, in most cases. Consumers looking for cheap, throw away stuff don't help. But I see issues in manufacturing at work that are just appalling. No one either really gives a ****, or knows how, or both. Which is too bad. Rant over.
The US lost its manufacturing prowess with the increase in union workforce. You simply can't pay low skilled workers $20 an hour to do next to nothing and make a quality product at a reasonable price. This is why China has become such a manufacturing powerhouse in recent decades. It's a real shame. But you do see a few American companies that have kept unions out that still make and sell great homegrown products.

My rant over! As to the guns, I 2nd the Sig P938. Great carry gun.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 05-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #38

IMHO, Unions aren't the major problem with this. Oh, they are a problem, and I don't like them, but.....There are plenty of Non Union places that can't cut the mustard. I'm not going to say, because i work at one.....ummmm, I've said too much........

Old 05-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #39
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 99 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I guess I should clarify as to not step to painfully on the toes of some. The example I mean is like the big 3 automakers. There just came a point where the jobs paid to much for the work....like what used to be a skilled tradesman into a computer button pusher at a skilled tradesmans pay grade sine you can't really negotiate union pay? Another clear example was what happened to Hostess. Those fools not accepting a small % dip in pay signed the death warrant on the companies head. Now all both union and non have no job and Hostess is done and being (er perhaps has already been) sliced apart and sold to pathetically low bids. There are things I think unions do that are beneficial, but these days they've become a great deal more destructive to their own end hence the huge % of overseas manufacturing. It's a shame. Made in the USA used to really mean something and make people proud

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 05-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #40

Yup, I agree with most of that. I wonder, the "fools" who refused to take a small cut in pay, have they found new jobs? At what pay? If they replaced their jobs with no loss, good for them. If not, they are truly fools. Although, I understand how taking a cut in pay would totally rub a lot of people the wrong way.