Perfect Pistols - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Perfect Pistols

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #11
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,871
Liked 2220 Times on 1200 Posts
Likes Given: 800

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Everyone should own at least one 22LR. Either a pistol or a rifle is fine. But it should be a law if you ask me.
The law should be at least one pistol and one rifle.
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
ScottA is online now  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,617
Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

The over/under till someone posted trying to sell "Glock" was seven -- I took the over like an idiot.

__________________
HockaLouis is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGN_Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,468
Liked 2290 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 500

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
The over/under till someone posted trying to sell "Glock" was seven -- I took the over like an idiot.
Who tried "selling" them? I saw them mentioned along with 1911s. So, you may still be in the running.

I agree with the early posts, suggesting that you try several if you can. Then pick what fits and that you like best. I do tend to recommend staying with brands with good reputations first. Smith&Wesson, Colt, Springfield, Glock, Berretta, Ruger.
__________________
SSGN_Doc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
thefarmboy21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 84
Default

A revolver is about as reliable as they come. I really like my Taurus 85.

That being said I've looked into about every pistol to be had for a CCW gun and now own a Kahr CM9 (also available in .40) Hou really should check out the whole Kahr lineup. I love mine. Next will probably be a Glock 27 because its small but it will handle up to the 30+ rd magazines AND you can swap barrels (and mags) out and shoot 9mm and .357 sig! All the flocks are like this tho....the bigger you buy (.45 or 10mm) the more choices of barrel swaps you have. After that I'm going to buy a .22 1911 of some sort. My wife has a Ruger LCP that we both love.....not as fun to shoot as some other tho. I had a KelTec PF-9 but I had a lemon, it's at the factory now and headed to a friend upon return. It broke the barrel :/

__________________
thefarmboy21 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
da_fame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post

Where are you in Illinois? I might have a few guns to let you try to help you make a decision.
im in cook county
__________________
da_fame is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
da_fame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefarmboy21 View Post
A revolver is about as reliable as they come. I really like my Taurus 85.

That being said I've looked into about every pistol to be had for a CCW gun and now own a Kahr CM9 (also available in .40) Hou really should check out the whole Kahr lineup. I love mine. Next will probably be a Glock 27 because its small but it will handle up to the 30+ rd magazines AND you can swap barrels (and mags) out and shoot 9mm and .357 sig! All the flocks are like this tho....the bigger you buy (.45 or 10mm) the more choices of barrel swaps you have. After that I'm going to buy a .22 1911 of some sort. My wife has a Ruger LCP that we both love.....not as fun to shoot as some other tho. I had a KelTec PF-9 but I had a lemon, it's at the factory now and headed to a friend upon return. It broke the barrel :/
how much is a glock 27?
__________________
da_fame is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
aandabooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 1,516
Liked 332 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_fame View Post
im in cook county
I'm sorry.
__________________
aandabooks is offline  
steadyshot Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
drvsafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,636
Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default

First decide on the proposed use: range CC, home protection. Then decide on a price range. Get out to a range that rents pistols and try out whatever you like looking at that's in your price range. From there whatever feels best In your hands and whatever you are most proficient with....done!
Brands? It's quite personal IMO, but I have found Glock, Beretta, SIG, S&W, Kahr, SPringfield, HK and Browning are all quite reliable. From there personal preference and price kicks in.

__________________
SIG 1911 .45 ACP
SIG P229R 9mm
Beretta BU9 Nano 9mm
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56
drvsafe is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:27 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
da_fame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
First decide on the proposed use: range CC, home protection. Then decide on a price range. Get out to a range that rents pistols and try out whatever you like looking at that's in your price range. From there whatever feels best In your hands and whatever you are most proficient with....done!
Brands? It's quite personal IMO, but I have found Glock, Beretta, SIG, S&W, Kahr, SPringfield, HK and Browning are all quite reliable. From there personal preference and price kicks in.
thanks man
__________________
da_fame is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:28 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kiabe1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: texas
Posts: 547
Liked 67 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Default

Check out the cz75 and its variants, especially for instance the jericho 941. Fun reliable guns

__________________
kiabe1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Perfect .22? Diddle General Handgun Discussion 31 01-14-2013 12:15 AM
RIA ran perfect but not my ar pagj17 Range Report 7 11-13-2011 08:41 AM
Perfect end to the Perfect day. Dillinger The Club House 41 05-23-2011 01:08 AM
Looking for a perfect fit. NymphoGnome General Rifle Discussion 28 02-17-2010 07:54 PM
Why Heller Was the Perfect Case in the Perfect Place BigO01 Legal and Activism 1 06-30-2008 10:16 AM