Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   General Handgun Discussion (
-   -   Para warthog (

blindeye 03-12-2013 06:21 PM

Para warthog
Warthog Pro's and Con's??

rurak 03-12-2013 11:27 PM

Ive heard para ordnances customer service is horrible. Havent heard anything on their weapons

txpossum 03-12-2013 11:34 PM

Para's seem to be a gun people either love or hate.

I have not owned or shot the Warthog; however, I have owned two (still own one) Para's and I have liked them both, and I"m pretty picky about 1911's.

SRK97 03-12-2013 11:35 PM

Looks more like a puma to me lol RVB

Olympus 03-13-2013 12:12 AM

Warthogs feel ridiculously awkward in my hand. They are too small in grip length and too wide. Not to mention they will not have the same compatibility with compact 1911 parts. Very limited choice of aftermarket grips due to the double stack design.

They are not the gun for me.

DrumJunkie 03-13-2013 12:39 AM

I'll just say this about Para Ord. Go to any gun shop or web site/auction and look for used Para Ord pistols. You will see very few. Plenty of new ones--Not many if any old ones. Everyone I know that owns one will not part with it. Including me (I have two!)

The Warthog is a little too small vs the grip for me. i like the Companion much more. But it is a single stack LDA.

If it fits you though it will be a great pistol. AS for C/S I couldn't tell you anything. I've never had to call them.

Pasquanel 03-13-2013 01:11 AM

I have the Para P-10 SS the one before they decided to make it ugly, mine looks for all the world like an EMP and I love that thing it shoots well seems to be very reliable.
I don't have huge hands but my kids to kid me about having sausage fingers, I mention that because at first it does feel a bit "chubby" as does my Beretta PX-4 sub compact but they do dissipate the recoil and make heavy loads (Buffalo Bore, Critical Duty, etc) very manageable! My advice,try one out if you can the P-10 is one of my favorite carry pieces.

blindeye 03-14-2013 02:18 AM

Hope to get my hands on one this weekend

jyo 03-19-2013 10:01 AM

One of my shooting buddies has a Warthog 45---I've shot it a bit---the gun feels short in the grip---kinda chunky and heavy for it's size---not my personal favorite---but the little Hog shoots and runs well and I generally hit what I am aiming at---so I give it a passing grade...

blindeye 03-19-2013 06:24 PM

Thanks for all the info. Looks like I will be adding it to my collection I always wanted a small 45 now if I can only find ammo:(