PA LTCF...do countys other than the issueing one hassle you?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > PA LTCF...do countys other than the issueing one hassle you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default PA LTCF...do countys other than the issueing one hassle you?

i have a pa LTCF from adams county PA,and have friends whom i visit up in Blair county PA.My question is ik the permit is good state wide but if i have any issues with altoona cops up in blair county,will they give me sh!t for carrying as its not a permit issued in thier county? or is it generally equally accepted? thank you

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89
i have a pa LTCF from adams county PA,and have friends whom i visit up in Blair county PA.My question is ik the permit is good state wide but if i have any issues with altoona cops up in blair county,will they give me sh!t for carrying as its not a permit issued in thier county? or is it generally equally accepted? thank you
Not at all. When i lived in Philly, I had my permit issued there. I move to Montgomery county shortly after. When i moved, I asked the local LEOs if I had to transfer my ltcf, they said "no, just wait until it expires then renew it with Montgomery county".

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 05-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #3

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 461

It is a State permit issued from your County of residence so it is valid statewide. But as a matter of aholism Phila, Delaware, Bucks, Montgomery and Alleghany County will break your stones but really not much they can do. Generally the "blue" counties resent the rest of the state forcing them to issue the permit. For years Philly just refused to do it...took a Court order to get them inline. They are the only Cnty that requires a permit to open carry.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 05-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #4

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
It is a State permit issued from your County of residence so it is valid statewide. But as a matter of aholism Phila, Delaware, Bucks, Montgomery and Alleghany County will break your stones but really not much they can do. Generally the "blue" counties resent the rest of the state forcing them to issue the permit. For years Philly just refused to do it...took a Court order to get them inline. They are the only Cnty that requires a permit to open carry.

I think you can find that reaction in just about every state. There will be liberal areas which disagree with the carry laws & will harrass licensed carriers. Even have had stories of concealed weapons being illegally confiscated on some trumped up charge like 'no proof of ownership'! I have a receipt in both vehicles for every carry gun that I own. It's strictly illegal, but takes time & money to get it back. It's disgusting!

Old 05-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #5

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle
Bucks County isn't too bad. They will issue your permit same day, unless you go to one of the local sheriff's offices then it takes a few days to process.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I would assume it depends on the LEO you get that day and what kind of mood he is in. My personal experience, never had any problems with them honoring my license.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Old 05-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #7

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

I've never had any problems outside my county. IME as long as you present your permit and inform the leo that you're carrying right off the bat, they don't have any problem. As has been said it's a state wide permit so you shouldn't encounter any real issues as long as you follow the law.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #8

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Not at all. other states dont even bother me.

In my experience your views and attitude towards police dictate these encounters.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #9

ok good,thank you all,im glad to hear unless im a complete @$$H0L3 to the cop i wont have any issues really..i honestly figured as much it being a state license and all,but better safe then sorry

S&W sigma 9mm
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Last edited by REDMIST89; 05-27-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterdan View Post
Bucks County isn't too bad. They will issue your permit same day, unless you go to one of the local sheriff's offices then it takes a few days to process.
mine took 3 weeks to process through in adams Co. and they DID call my refernces..wierd urs is same day.

S&W sigma 9mm