Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > P250 or P229 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 02:07 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Very nice, Congrats!

Old 09-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Put about 125 rnds thru today - combination of PMC 115's and WWB 115's. My Midway shipment hasn't gotten here yet.

1st mag was 10- rnds of PMC. Flawlss, smooth, no probs with feed or eject.
2nd Mag was wwb 115's. 3rd rnd FTF. 5th rnd ftf. Pulled mag, checked for goop or anything inside nothing. reloaded the cartridges, no problems.
After that, the next 11 magazines went flawlessly. No errors in feeding, no eject errors, no.

And very, very accurate (no pics because I shared targets with my GP100 .357 - pics next time if hte Ruger doesn't beg me to take it out.
:-D

Anyway, this guns is extremely smooth, and as I said, more accurate than me. 3-4" groups at 21 ft, 6-8" groups at 35 ft, ctr of mass easily (as well as head shots) at 45 and 60 feet. In fact, after I got used to the sighting, it was more on point than my GP100 (and the GP100 is a tack driver).

Thoughts coming away from the range with this:
1. Gun is easily concealed. I wanted a 9, didn't want one of those 'wonder nines', need some purchase but also need
packability. This gun has both. At least for me.
2. For awhile, I couldn't get hte magzine to load unless the slide was all the way back. Baffling to say the least! I tried and tried, but to no avail. Then I (a-hah!) discovered that when the slide was closed and I inserted the mag, my forefinger was inadvertently on the AMBIDEXTEROUS MAG RELEASE (how stupid can one person get??). You can mov the mag release to the other side if you want and that side (the non-levered side) has a little depressable button. And if it''s pushed in, the can't engage. Anyway, that is gonna be a point of interest for me. Keep the forefinger OFF the AMBi side.
3. My pinky. What to do with it? Maybe slip an M&P foot on the mag? Who knows. I may put a Hogue sleeve on it to provide a tad more grip without that pinky, which just kind of hangs around down by the mag foot. BuT: the gun is so smooth and recoil so manageable, that I'm not terribly concerned.
4. Trigger: Still getting used to it. If I was a betting man, I'd say the pull is a mm or so longer than I want. I need to either get used to it, or see if I can do something about it.
5. Trigger: three positions -- 1st is fully closed, 2nd is that little decocker position and 3rd is single action position. single position is extremely smooth and easy, but fully closed is harder than I expected. Don't know the pull weight.

I think it is a keeper for sure (probably). Best shooter for its size and price I've found so far. Long term? I dunno, I've been reading forum posts where some folks trash the heck outta the FNP series.

sc

Last edited by brancher; 09-30-2011 at 11:51 PM.