Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > P-10

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Pasquanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: S.Maine
Posts: 1,047
Liked 792 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Default P-10

I have the opportunity to pick up a like new Para-P10 for $450 it seems like a deal to me as the little 45 has always tripped my trigger but I haven't owned one. What do you guys think?
p.s. It has no paper trail and its stainless with box and 2 mags

__________________

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Pasquanel is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 11-14-2012, 03:17 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,604
Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

Default

Never owned or handled one, but have always read good things about them. P-10, compact 1911 style right? Beaut if I recall correct. I'd jump on it, though I'm not quite sure what you mean by no paper trail.

__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:23 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rick1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Clifton,Colorado
Posts: 4,079
Liked 1766 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 1161

Default

I had the P10-45. I traded it for something else. Sorry later. Wish I still had it.

__________________

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Rick1967 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
danf_fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: LA (Lower Alabama),FL
Posts: 10,135
Liked 2756 Times on 1597 Posts
Likes Given: 1205

Default

That is not a bad price for a 1911.

__________________

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

danf_fl is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gatoragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North GA. Back home in Dixieland.
Posts: 3,398
Liked 1174 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 472

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
though I'm not quite sure what you mean by no paper trail.
In most states, purchasing a firearm from an individual does not require a background check. This is what anti-gunners refer to as the "gun show" loophole.

It is wise to get a bill of sale, but not legally required.
__________________
Gatoragn is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,604
Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn

In most states, purchasing a firearm from an individual does not require a background check. This is what anti-gunners refer to as the "gun show" loophole.

It is wise to get a bill of sale, but not legally required.
Interesting use of the term. I would never buy private party amd will strongly recommend against it. Unless from family or friend.
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Pasquanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: S.Maine
Posts: 1,047
Liked 792 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Interesting use of the term. I would never buy private party amd will strongly recommend against it. Unless from family or friend.
Close friend and LEO no problems there and I'll have a bill of sale. I can't wait to try it out this weekend!
__________________

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Pasquanel is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,604
Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel

Close friend and LEO no problems there and I'll have a bill of sale. I can't wait to try it out this weekend!
I'm excited for you. Wish I could be there to see your enjoyment. Take pictures and share them here!!!
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rick1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Clifton,Colorado
Posts: 4,079
Liked 1766 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 1161

Default

I have purchased from a private party plenty of times. You never know what kind of deal you can get from someone who is down on their luck. You get a new gun...and maybe help someone pay their rent. Sounds like a win-win to me. Most criminals dont run ads in the paper selling guns. They have a different type of marketing plan.

One thing to remember...the Para P series of pistols are double stack frames. Very few 1911 accessories will actually fit on them.

__________________

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Rick1967 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #10
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Pasquanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: S.Maine
Posts: 1,047
Liked 792 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I have purchased from a private party plenty of times. You never know what kind of deal you can get from someone who is down on their luck. You get a new gun...and maybe help someone pay their rent. Sounds like a win-win to me. Most criminals dont run ads in the paper selling guns. They have a different type of marketing plan.

One thing to remember...the Para P series of pistols are double stack frames. Very few 1911 accessories will actually fit on them.
I own several full size 1911 a Beretta PX4 in 45 and a Taurus Mill. pro in 45 but something about the P-10 has always intrigued me. Its one of the few 45,s I wold consider carrying at work all day.
This is part of an estate sale the guy was a hoarder and bought several of everything I managed to get to this before the buyers came in.
__________________

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Pasquanel is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads