Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   P-10 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/p-10-a-76335/)

Pasquanel 11-14-2012 02:26 AM

P-10

I have the opportunity to pick up a like new Para-P10 for $450 it seems like a deal to me as the little 45 has always tripped my trigger but I haven't owned one. What do you guys think?
p.s. It has no paper trail and its stainless with box and 2 mags

BeyondTheBox 11-14-2012 04:17 AM

Never owned or handled one, but have always read good things about them. P-10, compact 1911 style right? Beaut if I recall correct. I'd jump on it, though I'm not quite sure what you mean by no paper trail.

Rick1967 11-14-2012 04:23 AM

I had the P10-45. I traded it for something else. Sorry later. Wish I still had it.

danf_fl 11-14-2012 11:59 AM

That is not a bad price for a 1911.

Gatoragn 11-14-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox (Post 1013690)
though I'm not quite sure what you mean by no paper trail.

In most states, purchasing a firearm from an individual does not require a background check. This is what anti-gunners refer to as the "gun show" loophole.

It is wise to get a bill of sale, but not legally required.

BeyondTheBox 11-14-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatoragn

In most states, purchasing a firearm from an individual does not require a background check. This is what anti-gunners refer to as the "gun show" loophole.

It is wise to get a bill of sale, but not legally required.

Interesting use of the term. I would never buy private party amd will strongly recommend against it. Unless from family or friend.

Pasquanel 11-14-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox (Post 1014250)
Interesting use of the term. I would never buy private party amd will strongly recommend against it. Unless from family or friend.

Close friend and LEO no problems there and I'll have a bill of sale. I can't wait to try it out this weekend!:D

BeyondTheBox 11-14-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasquanel

Close friend and LEO no problems there and I'll have a bill of sale. I can't wait to try it out this weekend!:D

I'm excited for you. Wish I could be there to see your enjoyment. Take pictures and share them here!!!

Rick1967 11-14-2012 10:18 PM

I have purchased from a private party plenty of times. You never know what kind of deal you can get from someone who is down on their luck. You get a new gun...and maybe help someone pay their rent. Sounds like a win-win to me. Most criminals dont run ads in the paper selling guns. They have a different type of marketing plan.

One thing to remember...the Para P series of pistols are double stack frames. Very few 1911 accessories will actually fit on them.

Pasquanel 11-14-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967 (Post 1014532)
I have purchased from a private party plenty of times. You never know what kind of deal you can get from someone who is down on their luck. You get a new gun...and maybe help someone pay their rent. Sounds like a win-win to me. Most criminals dont run ads in the paper selling guns. They have a different type of marketing plan.

One thing to remember...the Para P series of pistols are double stack frames. Very few 1911 accessories will actually fit on them.

I own several full size 1911 a Beretta PX4 in 45 and a Taurus Mill. pro in 45 but something about the P-10 has always intrigued me. Its one of the few 45,s I wold consider carrying at work all day.
This is part of an estate sale the guy was a hoarder and bought several of everything I managed to get to this before the buyers came in. :D