Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Orlando Fl area ranges

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 50 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Default Orlando Fl area ranges

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this post. I am looking for a good range that rents guns in this area when I am there on vacation. Thanks in advance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #2

East Orange Shooting Sports is where I go a lot. Its an indoor range. No membership requirements to shoot or rent. They rent handguns and rifles. Fees are very reasonable. The only thing is if you rent, they require you bring someone to shoot with you. If you want to shoot alone then you have to bring your own gun.

Here's their site http://www.eastorangess.com/

Last edited by phburks; 01-14-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #3

+1 for East Orange Shooting Sports. There are a couple others in the area (Shoot Straight, Shooters Den), but EOSS has friendlier, more knowledgeable staff and better pricing. (range rates, rentals and gun store purchases.)

Old 01-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole1200
+1 for East Orange Shooting Sports. There are a couple others in the area (Shoot Straight, Shooters Den), but EOSS has friendlier, more knowledgeable staff and better pricing. (range rates, rentals and gun store purchases.)
Yes I really like the staff there. And on the note of pricing, they also had the best price I could find in the area for a concealed permit class.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks for the replies. Do all the ranges there require two people to rent? I would be going alone so that won't work. But I would like to rent and try some guns out on vacation, before I buy again. Where I am, there are no indoor ranges or places to rent. An indoor range would rock, its been freezing here.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #6

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Strictly a guess, but there's been so many cases of people renting a gun & commiting suicide, may be why they require 2 people.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee
Strictly a guess, but there's been so many cases of people renting a gun & commiting suicide, may be why they require 2 people.
I'm pretty sure this is the case. It literally takes only 10 minutes once you're in the door til your on the range shooting even if you're renting.

Not sure if all ranges have this rule though. I know at shoot straight you have to be a member in order to rent.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well we are here in Orlando. I guess ranges are out but can someone recommend a good well stocked shop? Looking for AR parts and to maybe look at some handguns. Thanks

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan

Old 01-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky80
Well we are here in Orlando. I guess ranges are out but can someone recommend a good well stocked shop? Looking for AR parts and to maybe look at some handguns. Thanks
My favorite places are East Orange Shooting Sports (they have a gun shop too), Gander Mountain, and Shoot Straight (the Apooka location).

**EDIT** Of those three, East Orange has the smallest collection wow but the friendliest workers. Shoot straight and gander mountain both have larger collections to shop from. Again if you go to shoot straight the Apopka location has much more to choose from

Last edited by phburks; 01-22-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks for the response. How is the pricing at these stores? I'm going to try to check out at least a couple of them while we're here.