Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Original paperwork?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 02:10 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 317 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 6

i've got the box & the original manual from my Ruger Standard, made in 1955. funny thing is all that stuff is in better cosmetic condition than the gun itself

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Old 11-16-2012, 06:49 AM   #12
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1488 Times on 912 Posts
Likes Given: 7312

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Anyone else like having the original owner's manuals for their handguns? There are some great sites out there with an extensive archive of manuals, but the one I don't have a manual for seems to be the one none of them have. Ugh! Frustrating. Stupid & awesome at same time Firestar M45!

Anyway, was just curious if anyone else was like me in this regard. I always figured it would be nice, should I get to a point of trying to sell any of my firearms, to be able to say it includes original paperwork or owner's manual. Plus I like having all the specific factory stats of my guns to compare to my caliper measurements.

For reference, in the case anyone is of like mind, here's the website I found.

http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIREARMS/
I try to keep all of the paperwork for all of my guns. If I buy one that is out of production, I look for the manuals for it. Thanks for the link, I just added a amnual for my Charter Arms AR-7 Explorer. The site is now bookmarked on my desktop.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?