Ordered Firearms Out of State - Insight?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Ordered Firearms Out of State - Insight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ordered Firearms Out of State - Insight?

Hey Ya'll!

My husband and I ordered two 9mm Shields out of Montana. They are being shipped to a shop here with a FFL license for us to pick up.

UPS tracking states they have been collected and held by authorities for a period of time. I am assuming to make sure everything is legit.

They were held Tuesday and as of today are still there. Anyone have experience to how long that process usually takes?

Thanks for the help!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #2

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
Hey Ya'll!

My husband and I ordered two 9mm Shields out of Montana. They are being shipped to a shop here with a FFL license for us to pick up.

UPS tracking states they have been collected and held by authorities for a period of time. I am assuming to make sure everything is legit.

They were held Tuesday and as of today are still there. Anyone have experience to how long that process usually takes?

Thanks for the help!
Never heard of any holding time & i've had dozens upon dozens of guns delivered to my FFL

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 08-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #3

Liked 87 Times on 67 Posts

me thinks somebody's been scammed

Old 08-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #4

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlai
Hey Ya'll!

Thanks for the help!
I'd call UPS with the tracking # to see what the problem is. Usually UPS demands two day shipment for firearms.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #5

Ruh-roh. Doesn't sound good if no one else has experience with this. I'll have my husband send me exactly what UPS site says.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2207 Times on 1198 Posts
Likes Given: 799

I've ordered firearms online and never had that happen. Something doesn't seem right.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 08-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #7

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

My guess is someone tried to steal your package and now your Shields are evidence.

Old 08-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
Hey Ya'll!

Thanks for the help!
That is strange. I had ordered some myself from out of state to my FFL dealer. Never a hold up in transit. Always there within five days or so.

Old 08-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #9

On 8/8 it says "Pkg delay - add'l security check by Gov't or other agency - beyond UPS control. Package will be delivered next business day"

There hasn't been any more movement since the 8/8. Joy.

My husband is going to try to call Monday but it's just odd.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #10

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

That is a new one by me. Can't honestly say I have seen or heard of something like that happening before.

Please keep us informed as to the outcome.

JD