Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Ordered Firearms Out of State - Insight? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/ordered-firearms-out-state-insight-70106/)

Athlai 08-11-2012 04:28 PM

Ordered Firearms Out of State - Insight?

Hey Ya'll!

My husband and I ordered two 9mm Shields out of Montana. They are being shipped to a shop here with a FFL license for us to pick up.

UPS tracking states they have been collected and held by authorities for a period of time. I am assuming to make sure everything is legit.

They were held Tuesday and as of today are still there. Anyone have experience to how long that process usually takes?

Thanks for the help!

HOSSFLY 08-11-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athlai (Post 900449)
Hey Ya'll!

My husband and I ordered two 9mm Shields out of Montana. They are being shipped to a shop here with a FFL license for us to pick up.

UPS tracking states they have been collected and held by authorities for a period of time. I am assuming to make sure everything is legit.

They were held Tuesday and as of today are still there. Anyone have experience to how long that process usually takes?

Thanks for the help!

Never heard of any holding time & i've had dozens upon dozens of guns delivered to my FFL :confused:

sniper762 08-11-2012 04:41 PM

me thinks somebody's been scammed

marc29th 08-11-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athlai
Hey Ya'll!

Thanks for the help!

I'd call UPS with the tracking # to see what the problem is. Usually UPS demands two day shipment for firearms.

Athlai 08-11-2012 04:44 PM

Ruh-roh. Doesn't sound good if no one else has experience with this. I'll have my husband send me exactly what UPS site says.

ScottA 08-11-2012 04:45 PM

I've ordered firearms online and never had that happen. Something doesn't seem right.

marc29th 08-11-2012 04:47 PM

My guess is someone tried to steal your package and now your Shields are evidence.

PanBaccha 08-11-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athlai (Post 900449)
Hey Ya'll!

Thanks for the help!

That is strange. I had ordered some myself from out of state to my FFL dealer. Never a hold up in transit. Always there within five days or so.

Athlai 08-11-2012 05:02 PM

On 8/8 it says "Pkg delay - add'l security check by Gov't or other agency - beyond UPS control. Package will be delivered next business day"

There hasn't been any more movement since the 8/8. Joy.

My husband is going to try to call Monday but it's just odd.

Dillinger 08-11-2012 06:20 PM

That is a new one by me. Can't honestly say I have seen or heard of something like that happening before.

Please keep us informed as to the outcome.

JD