Opinions on a CZ75 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Opinions on a CZ75

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 12:49 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

My very first auto-loader was a CZ75, pre B model purchased used in 1995 and shot around 25,000 rounds. I had that CZ until I upgraded to a CZ75B Stainless w/night sights. These are reliable and accurate firearms with a long history of military and civilian use. Copied by many other manufactures,
but the original is the best!

Old 10-03-2011, 08:40 AM   #12

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have both, a P226 and a CZ75 (Pre "B")!

I shoot competition only and get my best results with the CZ75 (o.k. I had some work done on it).

Here are my remarks on the different Modells you mentioned:

Beretta 92
I have shot it a few times and didn`t like it. My main problem is the frame size. My hands are just to small for that fairly big grip. Therefor it isn`t for me.

Walther P99
Well, I havn`t really heard much positive about it. But then I have never fired one, but I can say, I don`t really like plastic guns and the installed trigger systems.

Sig P226
A fantasic and accurate pistol! Installing the E2 grip on mine made the griß fit much better, since the original factory grips are mainly made for bigger hands.
Recoil control and firing speed is very good with the P226.
But I just don`t manage to hit anythig with it....;-(

CZ75
Solid steel frame. Descent weigt, that reduces the recoil, but not to heavy.
Slim frame and a small grip size, that allown people with small and medium hands to easily shoot and control the pistol, although it has a double stack mag.
I had quite a lot done on mine, since I only use it for competition shooting, but even out of the box it is a very accurate and durable pistol.
Also the prices on a CZ75 are somewhat lower, then for the other models you mentioned.
I would alway go for the CZ again!

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/new-sight-cz75-pre-b-41686/

Old 10-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #13

Liked 219 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I'm a little biased....

Umm, yeah, I vote for the CZ.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:51 PM   #14

Thanks for the input everyone, I've decided to go for the CZ75, but am steering clear of the polymer frame and sticking with steel, don't think that the weight differance will be a problem, looking forward to getting my hands on it in the near future.
I shot my APWT on the Saturday and let a few of the other guys have a turn with my Glock and the only thing I'll say about it was it was consistant, high and left type consistant, talking with the chief instructor he has noticed that this has been a problem developing in the last few months, new weapons shooting slightley high and left, most of us can carry out our aim off drills and solve the problem but a few like the one I have are a lot more excessive. If anyone has experianced problem with the Glock 17 9mm this could they let me know.

PS Don't want to put this on the Glock forum as people get a bit excited about it when you talk off Glock problems

The Government today announced that it will be changing the offical union jack emblem to a condom, this reflects more accurately the Governments political stance. Acondom allows for inflation, halts production, distroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of secuity while you're actually being screwed. Trooper 7687 11/01/2011

Old 10-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 268 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I think you'll enjoy the heck out of a CZ 75. I have a 75b, a BHP, a Sig P226, and an XDm45 that get regular range use. The CZ is by far the most accurate for me. With my BHP or P226, my novice shooting groups at about 4-6" at 10 yards. But with the CZ, it quickly tightens down to about 3".

Maybe my CZ is more accurate. Probably the fact that I learned to shoot on that platform is a major factor. I hope it's as good to you as it's been to me.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I've fired all of them and each have their merits.

However, I own an 85 Combat - which is the same as the 75 but with an ambi safty (I'm a lefty) and adjustable sights - and I love it. Its very accurate and a real pleasure to shoot. I taught my then 12- and 13-year old kids to shoot with it and they took to it instantly; I'm pleased and proud to say that both are remarkable shots.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper7687 View Post
Thanks for the input everyone, I've decided to go for the CZ75, but am steering clear of the polymer frame and sticking with steel, don't think that the weight differance will be a problem...
If you ever have occasion to pistol-whip a rowdy resistor, that weight may be darn useful.

Seriously though, do you guys use good hollow-point defensive ammo or do you have to use FMJ on the job?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #18

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper7687 View Post
Hi everyone, If you had a read at the thread Aim Off you will see the continueing saga that I'm having with my issiue Glock. I have made the decision to change, but I will have will have to private purchase the replacement. I have heard very good reports about the CZ75, and have used the BHP during my career and as much as I would like to dig my old BHP out of the drawer it's not on the approved list.

I have a choice of: Beretta 92F
Walther P99
Sig P226
CZ 75

With my past operational experiance using the BHP, I am really leaning towards the CZ. So what would be the general consensus on the CZ.
I have fired many thousand rounds through my CZ-85, which is a simplified version of the CZ-75 (no internal firing pin blocking safety). CZ's are pretty good guns. They are known for the occasional stovepipe jam, nobody is really sure exactly why. I don't think they use the best of steel, as mine is showing wear on the barrel lugs a lot sooner than I would have expected. Overall, I like the gun pretty well.

Can't you get an approval for a Springfield XD? I would think any department that allows Glocks would allow an XD. Much better gun.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #19

Ammunition question - FMJ, only type that can be used ( European Human rights BS), but have started to move towards jacketed soft points due to the over penatration issue.

Springfield XD - Very nice gun, but with the tax loading to import from the US the price is almost double (£1200 last conversion rate was $1.5 to the £1.00)

The Government today announced that it will be changing the offical union jack emblem to a condom, this reflects more accurately the Governments political stance. Acondom allows for inflation, halts production, distroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of secuity while you're actually being screwed. Trooper 7687 11/01/2011

Old 10-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #20

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Didn't know there was an import tariff. Anyway, either the CZ-75 or the Beretta 92 are both very nice guns. If you have large hands, the 92 is probably a better fit. The CZ is a little smaller. You also listed a SIG 226 which I own, very nice gun as well. SIGs are more expensive, but worth it.