Opinions on a CZ75
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Opinions on a CZ75

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Opinions on a CZ75

Hi everyone, If you had a read at the thread Aim Off you will see the continueing saga that I'm having with my issiue Glock. I have made the decision to change, but I will have will have to private purchase the replacement. I have heard very good reports about the CZ75, and have used the BHP during my career and as much as I would like to dig my old BHP out of the drawer it's not on the approved list.

I have a choice of: Beretta 92F
Walther P99
Sig P226
CZ 75

With my past operational experiance using the BHP, I am really leaning towards the CZ. So what would be the general consensus on the CZ.

The Government today announced that it will be changing the offical union jack emblem to a condom, this reflects more accurately the Governments political stance. Acondom allows for inflation, halts production, distroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of secuity while you're actually being screwed. Trooper 7687 11/01/2011

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5683 Times on 2970 Posts
Likes Given: 377

The cz for me is a smoother shooting gun due to the weight. Its an all steel gun. This makes it very fast and accurate on follow up shots. The sig p226 is also good but i would go cz. Used to have a 226.

My wife just got a xdm in 9mm since i will be reloading for her im seriously considering finally getting a cz75 myself.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #3

Have a CZ 75 P-O1compact I couldn't be happier with.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

CZ 75 SP01 is my current favorite pistol. Have no experience with Sig P226 but looking forward adding it in my little collection.

I think with that short list, you should try them all before making your purchase to see which one works for you best.

BTW, I am more accurate with my CZ with heavier bullet and/or hotter ammo, with Fed Champion 115 gr, it shoots low. I can compensate but just letting you know my experience with my pistol in case it matters to you.

“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”

"Memories are pictures in your mind." - Kathryn (my 3 year old daughter)

Last edited by Poink88; 09-29-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The CZ75 is an outstanding pistol and so is the Sig P226. I've owned both and they are both quality pistols that will serve you well. If it's possible, fire both pistols and see which feels better to you.

I am a big BHP fan, so my personal preference is toward the CZ. I just prefer the overall feel of the pistol.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #6

Most people I've talked to have been of the opinion that the CZ is the best of the bunch, I,ve used a BHP on a regular basis and still have my old and battered one in the Armoury at home, thats why i'm drawn to the CZ, that and the cost as this will be a private purchase, a new baby cuts down the unallocated money from the family budget.

The Government today announced that it will be changing the offical union jack emblem to a condom, this reflects more accurately the Governments political stance. Acondom allows for inflation, halts production, distroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of secuity while you're actually being screwed. Trooper 7687 11/01/2011

Old 09-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

God bless your new child and your family. Stay safe.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 247 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper7687 View Post
I have a choice of: Beretta 92F
Walther P99
Sig P226
CZ 75
They're all good guns. But in my limited experience, I would consider the Sig P226 and CZ 75 to be the "great guns" within the above group. And I think think you'll find the CZ to be very similar to your Hi-Power, just a little heavier. It really is sort of the Eastern Block's BHP.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2838 Times on 1409 Posts
Likes Given: 294

I did the same quest about a year ago: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/searching-good-all-around-9mm-33962/
Beretta - Nice pistol, just do anything for me.
Walter P99 - Not what I was looking for, wanted metal frame.
Sig 226 - Very good pistol, but not $300 better than a CZ (IMHO)
CZ-75 & variants - I ended up with a CZ 75 BD and later a Kadet Kit.

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 09-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I picked up a used CZ75b about a year and a half ago for about $400 at a local pawn shop. I freakin LOVE this pistol. If you have to do much running on your shift, you should consider the weight of the steel-framed models. That weight seems to keep mine on target, though.

I have heard people complain about the slide being "narrow" or harder to grip than some others. Doesn't bother me.

edit* I have been most happy with my extra magazines from MecGar, 17 rounds. I also no longer mind the non-drop free magazine system (though that can be changed easily)

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 09-29-2011 at 07:33 PM.