Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Opinion Please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 10:30 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This is total different direction, but if you have alot of single-action experience why not get a smaller cowboy gun, like the Colt Lightning Revolver reproduction that Cimarron makes? I would wager 99% of the fights you're likely to get into running your coach could be settled with a sixgun.

As far as autos, if I was going to get a .380 I would probably get a pocket gun like the Ruger LCP or the Kel-Tec P3AT. Not sure how much fun these guns would be to shoot as a plinker, but you can take them anywhere.

If you want a larger gun, and are still considering .380 then a Walther PPK or a Beretta Cheetah would be a good choice, although a little pricey (especially the Beretta). Everyone give me an amen if you wish they would make both these guns in 9mm!

Like some of the other here, I think stepping up in power would be to your benefit. I don't think 9mm is anemic like some people (although if I knew I was going to a fight I would carry a .40 or .45). I think a 9mm will serve your purpose well, and would recommend you look for a used Glock 19 if you are wanting to keep your pricepoint down.

Good luck and good shooting.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Last edited by Bighead; 02-19-2009 at 10:34 AM.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #12

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The Lightning reproduction you're referring to is NOT a TRUE correct reproduction. The original Lightning was double action, came out as the 1877 model, and was .38. The Thunderer was a .41 if I remember correctly.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:19 PM   #13

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quis custodiet View Post
You should check out the Bersa .380. It is a great little gun; well-made, reliable and easy to carry. An excellent value for the money. I'd recommend it. - Q.C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiveGerry View Post
I own the Bersa Thunder 380 and love it. As a female, I found it was easier to conceal that my husband's Glock and if I need to use it - it will serve the purpose. The grip fits the hand well - it is tight and the sites are great. Good luck.
Yeah, the Bersa is a very good gun and is up to your standards "Relibable,accurate but inexpensive"... in here they are very popular. But it's better as a Backup gun; Taurus Millenium Pro or the 24/7 Pro would be a better choice in the 9mm caliber... they are "Relibable,accurate but inexpensive" too...
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 02-19-2009, 05:32 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2554 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
The Lightning reproduction you're referring to is NOT a TRUE correct reproduction. The original Lightning was double action, came out as the 1877 model, and was .38. The Thunderer was a .41 if I remember correctly.
SINGLE ACTION CAT FIGHT!!

Come on Bear, give 'em hell!

Old 02-20-2009, 05:48 AM   #15
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
SINGLE ACTION CAT FIGHT!!

Come on Bear, give 'em hell!
Pure entertainment with every question

Old 02-20-2009, 10:37 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
True enough. Does anyone know of a company making a reproduction in the correct double-action configuration?

I wonder why Cimarron wouldn't make the gun period correct, are their rules against double action for SASS, even if the gun is period correct?...I guess it is called the Single Action Shooting Society...DUH

Of course, if Curly45 has alot of reps under his belt with thumb busters, maybe the incorrect Cimarron would be better than a more correct reproduction.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill