Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Opinion Please (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/opinion-please-10815/)

curly45 02-11-2009 06:41 PM

Opinion Please

What would be a good (if any) 380. Relibable,accurate but inexpensive, or would I be better off with a 9mm and if so same questions?

Dillinger 02-11-2009 06:52 PM

What do you want to do with the weapon? What are your personal skill sets with weapons previously? What is your "ideal" configuration for the pistol in question? What do you want it to do for you?

JD

hillbilly68 02-11-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 70287)
What do you want to do with the weapon? What are your personal skill sets with weapons previously? What is your "ideal" configuration for the pistol in question? What do you want it to do for you?

JD

+ 1.

If its for defense, neither the 380 or 9. Needs to start with a ".4" for that purpose.

Quis custodiet 02-12-2009 12:31 AM

You should check out the Bersa .380. It is a great little gun; well-made, reliable and easy to carry. An excellent value for the money. I'd recommend it. - Q.C.

WDB 02-12-2009 12:53 AM

A 9mm is a better choice but you will have to express what you plan to use the pistol for and your experience with firarms. IE, I'm new to guns and want personal protection, I've have shot a lot and I'm looking for a carry pistol, I want to target shoot, I'm looking for a pistol for home defense.

Best advice is to find a pistol range that rents pistols and express your needs then shoot every pistol you want to. that with give you a better understanding than asking us. Hands on at a range is what you should do.

DiveGerry 02-12-2009 04:05 AM

Bersa Thunder 380

I own the Bersa Thunder 380 and love it. As a female, I found it was easier to conceal that my husband's Glock and if I need to use it - it will serve the purpose. The grip fits the hand well - it is tight and the sites are great. Good luck.

stalkingbear 02-12-2009 11:30 AM

Assuming offhand you'll be using it for #1 plinking, and #2 home/car defense, naturally the 9mm would be not only more effective, it would also likely be cheaper to shoot, given it's NATO active status. 9mm, and even .40S&W can also be had in an package of similar size to some .380s too. I ALWAYS opt for the more powerful round when faced with a choice like that-but that's just me personally.

dnthmn2004 02-12-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly68 (Post 70294)
+ 1.

If its for defense, neither the 380 or 9. Needs to start with a ".4" for that purpose.

+1
Everyone is beating me this morning.... *sigh*:(

You could get a Walther PPK and walk around humming the James Bond theme song. :cool:

curly45 02-12-2009 05:46 PM

Thanks everyone, Guess I did leave a lot to wonder about. I was a SASS shooter untill we started traveling(full time R.V.'er) . I'm looking for something inexpensive to plink with and sometimes carry for defence. I've little experience with an auto but am planning on learning. Hope this helps

SGT-MILLER 02-12-2009 07:49 PM

Go with 9mm. The ammunition is plentiful and cheap. There are also more offerings of pistols in the 9mm caliber versus .380 caliber.