Opinion Needed
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Opinion Needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 01:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Opinion Needed

I wanted to get a opinion on something Idk if this is the correct section to ask but lets give it a try. Was thinking of offering services for polishing barrels, or slides on eBay along with service of color filling the engravings not the crayon method actual paint so it's durable. I wanted to see the opinions from fellow members as to if you saw this service on eBay you would go for it? Thanks guys for your time all opinions are appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-03-2012, 02:13 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperez View Post
I wanted to get a opinion on something Idk if this is the correct section to ask but lets give it a try. Was thinking of offering services for polishing barrels, or slides on eBay along with service of color filling the engravings not the crayon method actual paint so it's durable. I wanted to see the opinions from fellow members as to if you saw this service on eBay you would go for it? Thanks guys for your time all opinions are appreciated.
might want to see about posting this in the gunsmithing sub-forum as well. it might get more attention and responses there.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:15 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

might want to see about posting this in the gunsmithing sub-forum as well. it might get more attention and responses there.
Thanx will try that.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

You might want to put up some examples if you have some so people have something to look at. Consumers tend to have a higher rate of purchase if they can see or feel what they are buying first. Good luck!!!!

HOTTY TODDY!!!!

Old 12-04-2012, 12:44 AM   #5
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2220 Times on 1200 Posts
Likes Given: 801

Do you have a high feedback rating? I would want to see a high feedback rating before I handed any part of a gun over to someone.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 12-04-2012, 01:57 AM   #6

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
Do you have a high feedback rating? I would want to see a high feedback rating before I handed any part of a gun over to someone.
Yeah, Ditto! I'd be more inclined to do something like this found via Craigslist, local so I can meet face 2 face. Shipping gun parts would add cost to job. I think it might be worth a shot, but wouldn't hold high hopes for it taking off right away. Seems like a slow gradual growth sort of thing. Word of mouth on these forums would go a long way too.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:27 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Awesome guys thanks for the input. : )

Old 12-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #8

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Re: the engravings thing, there is a YouTube video of a guy color filling the engraving on his pistol using Testers paints from a hobby store. Cheap and easy to do and looks great too!

Old 12-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #9

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Also, I recommend don't support EBay since they don't like guns. Just my .02

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.