Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Opinion Needed (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/opinion-needed-77571/)

Aperez 12-03-2012 01:17 AM

Opinion Needed

I wanted to get a opinion on something Idk if this is the correct section to ask but lets give it a try. Was thinking of offering services for polishing barrels, or slides on eBay along with service of color filling the engravings not the crayon method actual paint so it's durable. I wanted to see the opinions from fellow members as to if you saw this service on eBay you would go for it? Thanks guys for your time all opinions are appreciated.

Axxe55 12-03-2012 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aperez (Post 1036394)
I wanted to get a opinion on something Idk if this is the correct section to ask but lets give it a try. Was thinking of offering services for polishing barrels, or slides on eBay along with service of color filling the engravings not the crayon method actual paint so it's durable. I wanted to see the opinions from fellow members as to if you saw this service on eBay you would go for it? Thanks guys for your time all opinions are appreciated.

might want to see about posting this in the gunsmithing sub-forum as well. it might get more attention and responses there.

Aperez 12-03-2012 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55

might want to see about posting this in the gunsmithing sub-forum as well. it might get more attention and responses there.

Thanx will try that.

eborden1122 12-04-2012 12:29 AM

You might want to put up some examples if you have some so people have something to look at. Consumers tend to have a higher rate of purchase if they can see or feel what they are buying first. Good luck!!!!

ScottA 12-04-2012 12:44 AM

Do you have a high feedback rating? I would want to see a high feedback rating before I handed any part of a gun over to someone.

BeyondTheBox 12-04-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottA (Post 1037666)
Do you have a high feedback rating? I would want to see a high feedback rating before I handed any part of a gun over to someone.

Yeah, Ditto! I'd be more inclined to do something like this found via Craigslist, local so I can meet face 2 face. Shipping gun parts would add cost to job. I think it might be worth a shot, but wouldn't hold high hopes for it taking off right away. Seems like a slow gradual growth sort of thing. Word of mouth on these forums would go a long way too.

Aperez 12-04-2012 02:27 AM

Awesome guys thanks for the input. : )

mountainskytop 12-05-2012 07:58 PM

Re: the engravings thing, there is a YouTube video of a guy color filling the engraving on his pistol using Testers paints from a hobby store. Cheap and easy to do and looks great too!

silverado113 12-05-2012 08:02 PM

Also, I recommend don't support EBay since they don't like guns. Just my .02