Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Opinion of the Kahr Compact Handguns? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/opinion-kahr-compact-handguns-59617/)

GY6 03-07-2012 01:20 AM

Opinion of the Kahr Compact Handguns?
 
Hey whats your opinions on the Kahr compact handguns for Concealed Carry...I have heard great things, but I wanted some good opinions.


Thanks

robocop10mm 03-07-2012 03:07 AM

Look at the ownership and decide.

CHLChris 03-07-2012 03:21 AM

I only carry Kahr pistols. PM45, P380, CW9. Love them all. I've also owned a PM9 and CW45.

Good: The trigger, the thin width, shorter than most pistols of same barrel length, CW series is great value.

Bad: Mags are expensive, recoil assemblies must be bought from Kahr.

Ugly: The warranty is only 5 years and absolutely does NOT cover used guns. Thus, if you are going to buy a Kahr, buy new.

GY6 03-07-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHLChris (Post 731586)
I only carry Kahr pistols. PM45, P380, CW9. Love them all. I've also owned a PM9 and CW45.

Good: The trigger, the thin width, shorter than most pistols of same barrel length, CW series is great value.

Bad: Mags are expensive, recoil assemblies must be bought from Kahr.

Ugly: The warranty is only 5 years and absolutely does NOT cover used guns. Thus, if you are going to buy a Kahr, buy new.


THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! This is great info

nccinstaller 03-08-2012 01:29 AM

Pretty much amazing! i have one i carry all the time it has been great. Its a cw9 and never malfunctioned once

Paperpuncher 03-08-2012 01:51 AM

I have a CM9. While the gun has functioned perfectly and is accurate a heck, Kahr's quality control needs to be seriously upgraded and minor things like their crappy fit of the magazines and the magazines not being able to drop free when the release is depressed, to me means their attention to detail is poor.

It's a great design at a good price but getting a good one is a bit of a crap shoot. Kahr's CS I read is responsive and will take care of you.

Head on over to www.kahrtalk.com to read up on the guns.

I'm not seriously knocking the gun, I like it, it could be a little better though.

CHLChris 03-08-2012 03:44 AM

Not sure promo-ing another board is the best etiquette (I said that nicely...) while at FirearmsTalk. We have an awful lot of Kahr owners here, too, and perhaps not as singularly focused.

Paperpuncher 03-08-2012 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHLChris
Not sure promo-ing another board is the best etiquette (I said that nicely...) while at FirearmsTalk. We have an awful lot of Kahr owners here, too, and perhaps not as singularly focused.

In your opinion.

GY6 03-08-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nccinstaller (Post 732665)
Pretty much amazing! i have one i carry all the time it has been great. Its a cw9 and never malfunctioned once

Thanks...I was looking at a CW9 just the other day..Great to know!

GY6 03-08-2012 07:21 AM

Thank you
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paperpuncher (Post 732691)
I have a CM9. While the gun has functioned perfectly and is accurate a heck, Kahr's quality control needs to be seriously upgraded and minor things like their crappy fit of the magazines and the magazines not being able to drop free when the release is depressed, to me means their attention to detail is poor.

It's a great design at a good price but getting a good one is a bit of a crap shoot. Kahr's CS I read is responsive and will take care of you.

Head on over to www.kahrtalk.com to read up on the guns.

I'm not seriously knocking the gun, I like it, it could be a little better though.

Thank you for all of your input...it helps a lot!


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:25 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.