One Glock G19 or Two Ruger revolvers? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > One Glock G19 or Two Ruger revolvers?

View Poll Results: Glock G19 or Ruger SP-101 and GP-100.
Keep the Glock, you've got mags and ammo, hang onto it. 15 57.69%
Two 357mag revolvers would be a better choice. 6 23.08%
Just wanted to see the results without voting. 5 19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #11
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1747 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 9555

You already have the Glock so keep it. You might get enough to buy the 2 Rugers if the Glock and all the extras were sold together, but you would never see a return with the ammo included. Once you bought the .38 and .357 needed for the revolvers,you would lose more than you have invsested in the pistol you have.

The Glock serves your needs for now, and you are proficient with it. You would get to the same point with the revolvers fairly quickiy, so familiarity to the pistol or revolver is not an issue. If you want to get back into a revolver again, save your money, and buy a GP100 later. If you were looking into another 9mm that would use the same ammo and accesories instead, I would tell you to sell the Glock (nope, not a Glock fan myself. Have shot 3 of them, and was not impressed with them.), but since what you are considering involves a caliber and opperating system change, I have to advise you to keep what you have. YMMV.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #12

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 114

The Rugers are nice guns.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #13

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

I handload so ammo prices don't bother me at all. I can load just about anything for $7-$10 a box with factory bullets, even 357Mag. so ammo cost doesn't enter into it.
Yes, I can only shoot one gun at a time but since In only have one gun what will my wife use if the SHTF?
I think a big part of this is the nostalgia of it all. Back in the Day when I had my revolvers it was a simpler time and I guess in the back of my mind I'm thinking that if I went back to revolvers it'd take me back to those simple more carefree times, I know it won't but still, I'm sure some of ya'll understand how that feels.
Also, I could also just go all 22lr, get a Ruger LCR in 22lr, a Ruger 22/45 and a Ruger 10/22 and have 3 guns all in 22lr which I can pick up for $20/1000(not priced it in a while but last time I checked that's what it cost) and then I'd have 3 guns instead of just one.
I don't know, I hate it sometimes that I'm so fickle about guns. I get something I'm happy with then I get a wild hair and want to sell it for something else. Being unemployed saving up isn't an option. I'm not going to do anything fast here, this will be something I'll think over and take my time with.

This is the War Room!"

Old 12-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2119 Times on 1457 Posts
Likes Given: 793

If the SP 101 is stainless steel and in great condition he can trade it for a glock 17 straight up. The GP 100 is worth as much as a Gen 3 glock. How can he not make the trade? He is just trading for the guns. It's not like he is marrying them until death do us part.

The part that confuses me is why he had to make a forum post. Why not just look up the value of the Rugers.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 12-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
If the SP 101 is stainless steel and in great condition he can trade it for a glock 17 straight up. The GP 100 is worth as much as a Gen 3 glock. How can he not make the trade? He is just trading for the guns. It's not like he is marrying them until death do us part.

The part that confuses me is why he had to make a forum post. Why not just look up the value of the Rugers.
There's no trades in the works as of yet, can't even find a GP or SP for sale or trade right now. I just figure with all the panic buying it'd be very easy to sell the G19 and you'd be able to get into revolvers at a discount since no one really wants them right now, everyone is focused on semi-autos because of a potential ban.
Why did I post a poll here, because I really can't make up my mind one way or the other and just wanted to see what the general consensus of the group was on the matter.
This is the War Room!"

Old 12-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #16

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'd keep the Glock -

I'm partial to auto's

But I'd much rather have a S&W M&P or a XDm than a Glock.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #17
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7779 Times on 4670 Posts
Likes Given: 9754

I like revolvers but in this case I'd keep the Glock and try to save up for a GP100. They really aren't that expensive. I see all the time here on this forum people who have sold a gun only to regret it.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #18

Looks like the majority of folks are saying hang onto the Glock G19. That's what I'll probably do and then see what kind of money we have left after we get our tax return. Might just go with my first plan and get a Ruger 10/22 or might look around for a Ruger LCR in 22lr or 22/45. Just figure a good 22lr of some kind may be in order for plinking/hunting and general SHTF use.

This is the War Room!"

Old 12-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #19

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

A ruger gp100 is a helluva fun gun to shoot. However ammo cost is an important thing to consider but if your handloading i guess that doesn't matter. Me personally im biased towards the G19 but thats because its my personal gun and is always by my side. If its for concealed matters id say keep the glock, if its for target shooting or home defense id go with the rugers, if of course i were to reload and ammo costs weren't a concern. my opinon.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #20
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2018 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 4284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockluster View Post
A ruger gp100 is a helluva fun gun to shoot. However ammo cost is an important thing to consider but if your handloading i guess that doesn't matter. Me personally im biased towards the G19 but thats because its my personal gun and is always by my side. If its for concealed matters id say keep the glock, if its for target shooting or home defense id go with the rugers, if of course i were to reload and ammo costs weren't a concern. my opinon.
Most of the time shooting the GP100, I am using 38 Special, usually 158 or 130 gr.

My Glock 19 2nd Gen is my baby.