Older shooters
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Older shooters

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 12:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
psymmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 165
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default Older shooters

Why is it that when ever I go to the gun range that there's always an older shooter that thinks that their way of handling a pistol is the best and only way. Don't get me wrong I like getting good advice. It's just annoying when each of them has told me something different. I take what I think is the best of the advice. But I was just wondering if any body had an idea of why they think their way is the right way compared to others?

__________________
psymmonds is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 12-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Who cares? Where the hell did you get those magazines?!?!?!

__________________
trip286 is offline  
winds-of-change Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:58 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gone_South's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central Mississippi
Posts: 441
Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymmonds
Why is it that when ever I go to the gun range that there's always an older shooter that thinks that their way of handling a pistol is the best and only way. Don't get me wrong I like getting good advice. It's just annoying when each of them has told me something different. I take what I think is the best of the advice. But I was just wondering if any body had an idea of why they think their way is the right way compared to others?
Old timers can be set in their ways in just about everything in life including firearms. I actually respect that even if I feel differently. Hell they made this far so it must work for them.

I normally just thank them for their advice & wisdom and usually the story ends.

Usually not always.
__________________

Let your reps know how you feel about your 2nd Amendment Right.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Gone_South is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:59 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rhyno13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: A small town inTexas
Posts: 664
Liked 271 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Default

If the advice is constructive, I will take note but if they are just being bossy about it I will tell them to get the hell away from me and mind their own business.

__________________
rhyno13 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:59 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gone_South's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central Mississippi
Posts: 441
Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Default

And depending on how old you are I may be an old timer.

__________________

Let your reps know how you feel about your 2nd Amendment Right.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Gone_South is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:15 AM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
25-5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,304
Liked 779 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 227

Default

I will try and help someone with suggestions. And I listen too. There is a lot of new stuff that was not around when I started. I only get persnickity about safety.

__________________

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

25-5 is offline  
locutus Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 811
Liked 258 Times on 160 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default

Tellin folks what to do and how to do it just comes with age. When I was younger, old folks tried to tell me what to do. Sort of a progression of practices, I reckon.

Not that I'm old.........

Bob Wright

__________________
Bob Wright is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:35 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
psymmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 165
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Who cares? Where the hell did you get those magazines?!?!?!
I bought them off of midwesthuntersoutlet.com. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. The mags constantly jam. I had to tinker around with the spring to get them to work right. Plus it took over 3 months for me to get them. It was ridiculous, and a terrible experience.... But once I fixed them they were fun to shoot and they look cool. Plus they take down on time having to constantly reload my 7 rnd mags. I would recommend any of these sites.
http://m.sportsmansguide.com/Product.aspx?a=407996&tab=1
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod/1911_15_Round_Magazine
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/293494/promag-magazine-1911-government-commander-45-acp-15-round-steel-blue
__________________
psymmonds is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:41 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Albuquerque,New Mexico
Posts: 172
Liked 28 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I never tell anybody how they should do anything. I've come to realize that young people know everything and are much smarter than me. I fully recognize that as I get older - I keep finding out more and more about what I don't know.

__________________
buckhorn_cortez is offline  
KG7IL Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:44 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymmonds View Post
I bought them off of midwesthuntersoutlet.com. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. The mags constantly jam. I had to tinker around with the spring to get them to work right. Plus it took over 3 months for me to get them. It was ridiculous, and a terrible experience.... But once I fixed them they were fun to shoot and they look cool. Plus they take down on time having to constantly reload my 7 rnd mags. I would recommend any of these sites.
http://m.sportsmansguide.com/Product.aspx?a=407996&tab=1
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod/1911_15_Round_Magazine
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/293494/promag-magazine-1911-government-commander-45-acp-15-round-steel-blue
Well thanks for the heads up.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Older STG 58 blitzen25cat Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion 0 08-18-2012 05:21 PM
Seen some older .357s ninjatoth Revolver Handguns 14 07-02-2012 04:09 AM
Older AK glockman55 AK & SKS Discussion 17 04-03-2012 06:47 AM
Women like older men but how much older??? clip11 The Club House 34 02-03-2012 09:01 AM
Older revolvers. Nake48 Revolver Handguns 14 08-30-2010 07:23 PM