Old fashioned? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Old fashioned?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Sorry

As a younger shoot, I am very sorry. ='(

Last edited by Uchahi; 04-28-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:17 AM   #32
Liked 5013 Times on 2431 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

When I was about 9 years old my Grandfather, a WW 2 Marine Corps vet, pulled my aside and said: "Young man, God gave to TWO ears and ONE mouth for a reason...If you listen twice as much as you speak...YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING."

Been "listening" ever since...

Old 04-28-2010, 06:33 AM   #33
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Another apology on behalf of my fellow whippersnappers. I will own a nice wheelgun, and preferably more, at some point, but I'm going to be slow to get there, being a starving college student and all.
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
"If innocent life doesn't immediately depend on it, don't shoot. And if it does, don't miss!"
Ruger Mk III Competition
S&W M&P 9 Pro Series
East German Makarov PM
Old 04-28-2010, 06:47 AM   #34
Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Originally Posted by WDB View Post
One of the guys who works the counter at the local public indoor range has a name for those guys. He calls them MONEY, I had to ask why. He said it's simple they rent what ever pistol I offer up, buy all there ammo and targets here and rent ears and eyes. I said I shoot here often and with out a pause he said yea but you bring all your own gear and spend $12 for a lane. He makes commision off sales and rentals so those boys are money to him. So now when I see a group of xbox gangsters at the range giving an odd look at my wheel guns I smile and say how's it going Money!
I know we've all seen them but I never can get my head around the idea that people rent range weapons but not as a research tool for future purchase but because they simply do not own a weapon and just want to rent one when they get a wild hair to get away from the SIM and do some 3D shooting. One of the funniest things I ever seen was a guy with a rented P89 telling me I needed to get a more modern weapon. I was getting ready to shoot a scoped Ruger Super Redhawk 44 mag. Though I think I got his attention when I started firing. Now normally this would not been near as funny but I was standing at a 100 yard lane. So Mr. Modern P89 renter was trying to make 100 yard shots. I later ran into the guy once again trying to educate me at the 50 yard lanes and learned that my old Springer 1911 was old school and needed replaced. After all a 9mm is more more effective because they hold a lot more. Yet somehow I ended up with more holes in my target than he did after emptying one mag.

I wish I knew half now what I thought I did at 21.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #35
Liked 28 Times on 7 Posts

WDB nailed this one.

While I don't care much for sharing a range with the "Young Glockers" - they do spend a ton of money - which keeps my costs down. My local range rents class III stuff as well and it's nothing for these kids to rent an Uzi and burn through 20 boxes of ammo in a session...

Newest Threads