Ok relying on your experience once again FTF would you trade a
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Ok relying on your experience once again FTF would you trade a

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 258 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Default Ok relying on your experience once again FTF would you trade a

Ruger P345 and 50$ with 2 magazines and 2 magazines through it for my Dan wesson mod 15-2 .357 with 2.5" slabside extra heavy and 4" vent heavy barrels

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #2

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Actual value on those Dan Wesson convertibles are less than what most will try and lead you to believe.

Last one I bought from a shop for $250 just 2 years ago, and all the online merchants and auction sites had them priced at $450+.

What do you have in the ruger?

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 11-14-2011, 12:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Actual value on those Dan Wesson convertibles are less than what most will try and lead you to believe.

Last one I bought from a shop for $250 just 2 years ago, and all the online merchants and auction sites had them priced at $450+.

What do you have in the ruger?
the dan wesson is mine ..... and the ruger will be the new to me trade .

I got a old mod 10 k frame .38 with a broken exctractor and with the new barrel 400 for the dan so 400 plus whatever a needs repair mod 10 S&W .38 with bad finish is worth .....

The ruger reportedly has 2 clips through it and was safe queen for the rest of its life ....

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 11-14-2011, 01:28 AM   #4

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I'm not a fan of P series Rugers, I wouldn't do it.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 11-14-2011, 01:37 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1134 Times on 739 Posts
Likes Given: 658

my friend owns that ruger. personally its okay. but i dont think its all that great. i think the sr9c is way better. but he likes it. ive never shot a dan wesson. its mostly up to what you want i suppose

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:07 AM   #6

if its a good gun its just a matter of whether i want a slower round ... the .45 has lower energy lower velocity then a .357 mag but that might make it a more manageable CC weapon and the advantage of having a automatic is apparent also. although there is no failure to fire or Failure to feed clearing or failure to extract issues in a revolver if you hit a dud just keep pulling to you get a live one .

But no matter what I did : Different grips , the Dan is just too much firearm to conceal the grips poke out my shirt like crazy . and while accidental printing isn't illegal anymore its not good to have what looks like a howitzer poking out your side either and I think an automatic would fix that.....

Im really torn because auto's and revolvers BOTH have attributes I like. I'm a wheel gun man myself but something thats def gonna be a one hitter quitter like the .357 are just sooo cumbersome..

I've been trying to trade my PT-22 with 400 rds pearce grips extra magazine and bore snake for a .38 either S&W or ruger lcr gun only but to no avail

Old 11-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #7

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

I'd keep the DW-
Lots of luck trading the pt 22

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #8

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I'd keep the DW

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 11-14-2011, 11:17 PM   #9

Liked 216 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I would not sell the DW. You had FTF with a dw. It could be the ammo you have ,the primers or just needs a new 4 dollar hammer spring. Wolff ,EWK at the dw forums and Blue Ridge Blueing and CZ all have the in stock. the ruger is worth around 250. You do releaze the grips mount on a post and can be very small and still work. Check out the stock dw 14 series grips at CZ. AND you can shoot 38+P for defence even 38 wadcutters for practice. They don't kick with them at all and you can buy a 2 1/2" barrel from EWK at the dwforum.