OK. I May Start a New Career as a Comedian
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > OK. I May Start a New Career as a Comedian

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 01:19 AM   #1
PRM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default OK. I May Start a New Career as a Comedian

The wife and I were out and about today. Stopped in several gun stores looking for the illusive .22LR ammo. Each time I asked about availability, I was met with a chorus of laughter. I never realized I was such a funny guy...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-22-2013, 01:22 AM   #2
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7566 Times on 4110 Posts
Likes Given: 15751

Is there a Gander Mountain nearby?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 09-22-2013, 01:33 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRM
The wife and I were out and about today. Stopped in several gun stores looking for the illusive .22LR ammo. Each time I asked about availability, I was met with a chorus of laughter. I never realized I was such a funny guy...
Sorry you can't find any. I haven't been shooting much lately so my meager supplies have lasted awhile.

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:55 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1763 Times on 771 Posts
Likes Given: 1333

Comedians starving everyday and your running around town doing it for free....
Seriously though it has been the same around here as well but last Saturday morning Wally World actually had some on the shelf. I also was told by one of the LGS that they had a full stock but it didn't last long. I think it is starting to come around but you have to be quick to get it. Or at least that is what I am seeing around here.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:42 AM   #5

Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt
Seriously though it has been the same around here as well but last Saturday morning Wally World actually had some on the shelf. I also was told by one of the LGS that they had a full stock but it didn't last long. I think it is starting to come around but you have to be quick to get it. Or at least that is what I am seeing around here.
Was the ammo at walmart subsonic? Ive seen some at walmart too and bought 3 boxes of winchester super x subsonic ammo

Old 09-22-2013, 04:55 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt View Post
My local Wally World has everything BUT .22LR!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 09-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #7
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3319 Times on 2250 Posts
Likes Given: 709

Still none in the stores around here unless you count the LGS Gougers who charge $10-$12 a box per 50..

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 70

I got two Remington GB 225 packs at wally's a couple of weeks ago. I haven't seen any since.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so."
Ronald Reagan

Old 09-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1763 Times on 771 Posts
Likes Given: 1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357 View Post
Was the ammo at walmart subsonic? Ive seen some at walmart too and bought 3 boxes of winchester super x subsonic ammo
I am not sure. One of the kids that work for me came to work Monday afternoon still excited about the fact he found 22LR on the shelf at Wal Mart Saturday AM. They had a one box limit so he bought a box and had his wife get in line to get another box.
The guy at the LGS said they had gotten a shipment in they had been trying to get since back around the first of the year. He said there shelf was stocked to normal and they thought everything was getting back to normal but then when it was gone they tried to order again and hadn't been able to get any again. He said it is improving but not back to normal yet.