Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   OK. I May Start a New Career as a Comedian (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/ok-i-may-start-new-career-comedian-97432/)

PRM 09-22-2013 02:19 AM

OK. I May Start a New Career as a Comedian

The wife and I were out and about today. Stopped in several gun stores looking for the illusive .22LR ammo. Each time I asked about availability, I was met with a chorus of laughter. I never realized I was such a funny guy... :rolleyes:

MisterMcCool 09-22-2013 02:22 AM

Is there a Gander Mountain nearby?

JW357 09-22-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRM
The wife and I were out and about today. Stopped in several gun stores looking for the illusive .22LR ammo. Each time I asked about availability, I was met with a chorus of laughter. I never realized I was such a funny guy... :rolleyes:

Sorry you can't find any. I haven't been shooting much lately so my meager supplies have lasted awhile.

rockratt 09-22-2013 02:55 AM

Comedians starving everyday and your running around town doing it for free....:D
Seriously though it has been the same around here as well but last Saturday morning Wally World actually had some on the shelf. I also was told by one of the LGS that they had a full stock but it didn't last long. I think it is starting to come around but you have to be quick to get it. Or at least that is what I am seeing around here.:)

hq357 09-22-2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockratt
Comedians starving everyday and your running around town doing it for free....:D
Seriously though it has been the same around here as well but last Saturday morning Wally World actually had some on the shelf. I also was told by one of the LGS that they had a full stock but it didn't last long. I think it is starting to come around but you have to be quick to get it. Or at least that is what I am seeing around here.:)

Was the ammo at walmart subsonic? Ive seen some at walmart too and bought 3 boxes of winchester super x subsonic ammo :)

DFlynt 09-22-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockratt (Post 1379508)

My local Wally World has everything BUT .22LR! :(

DrFootball 09-22-2013 08:35 AM

Still none in the stores around here unless you count the LGS Gougers who charge $10-$12 a box per 50..

sparky80 09-22-2013 12:41 PM

I got two Remington GB 225 packs at wally's a couple of weeks ago. I haven't seen any since.

rockratt 09-22-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hq357 (Post 1379642)
Was the ammo at walmart subsonic? Ive seen some at walmart too and bought 3 boxes of winchester super x subsonic ammo :)

I am not sure. One of the kids that work for me came to work Monday afternoon still excited about the fact he found 22LR on the shelf at Wal Mart Saturday AM. They had a one box limit so he bought a box and had his wife get in line to get another box.
The guy at the LGS said they had gotten a shipment in they had been trying to get since back around the first of the year. He said there shelf was stocked to normal and they thought everything was getting back to normal but then when it was gone they tried to order again and hadn't been able to get any again. He said it is improving but not back to normal yet.