Ohio ccw laws

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Ohio ccw laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 03:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Ohio ccw laws

I was reading the laws for Ohio and found it funny that it reads. Once you shoot you turn from victim too defendant. I now in my case it will only have one side of the story. What does your state laws say? And here you will have to supply blood and hair samples for drug and alcohol test.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #2

We also have the "duty to retreat law" which means we have to prove our lives were actually threatened. BUT we do have the castle doctrine for what it's worth I guess.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #3

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockcj View Post
I was reading the laws for Ohio and found it funny that it reads. Once you shoot you turn from victim too defendant. I now in my case it will only have one side of the story. What does your state laws say? And here you will have to supply blood and hair samples for drug and alcohol test.
Not sure what you mean by "one side of the story". And "in my case"?
Confused by your write-up...

Old 03-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #4

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
Not sure what you mean by "one side of the story". And "in my case"?
Confused by your write-up...

He means that if he's involved in a defensive shooting, the other guy will not be alive to give his side of the story as to what happened.

but, in today's world of security camera's everywhere...gas stations, banks, grocery stores, department stores, ATMs, traffic cameras, cell phones... doesn't matter if the other guy is DOA. you had better be sure it's a clean shoot.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I live in Ohio also. I think the the CCW laws are to invasive. I don't want to be on a list for people that have or can CC. I'd rather just open carry. It's cheaper and no names are thrown around unless there is a discharge.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

When I was a cop there was one philosophy. ..At the end of the day I was going home..Rather be on trial by 12 then carried by 6...I also live in NJ so just be glad you live in a state you even have the ability to ccw.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #7

Liked 1142 Times on 592 Posts
Likes Given: 49

In Texas, deadly force is allowed if you are using it with the reasonable belief that it is necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury to you or anther person, and you cannot have deliverately placed yourself in the dangerous situation.

Of course, there is always the old common law Texas defense of "some people just need killin . . . "

Old 03-12-2013, 03:04 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 84 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
In Texas, deadly force is allowed if you are using it with the reasonable belief that it is necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury to you or anther person, and you cannot have deliverately placed yourself in the dangerous situation.

Of course, there is always the old common law Texas defense of "some people just need killin . . . "
From a fellow Texan, there's no place like Texas for concealed carry friendliness. I am hoping the open carry gets through the state house this session.