Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Ohio ccw laws (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/ohio-ccw-laws-86181/)

glockcj 03-10-2013 01:40 AM

Ohio ccw laws

I was reading the laws for Ohio and found it funny that it reads. Once you shoot you turn from victim too defendant. I now in my case it will only have one side of the story. What does your state laws say? And here you will have to supply blood and hair samples for drug and alcohol test.

thefarmboy21 03-11-2013 06:36 AM

We also have the "duty to retreat law" which means we have to prove our lives were actually threatened. BUT we do have the castle doctrine for what it's worth I guess.

Colby 03-11-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glockcj (Post 1170407)
I was reading the laws for Ohio and found it funny that it reads. Once you shoot you turn from victim too defendant. I now in my case it will only have one side of the story. What does your state laws say? And here you will have to supply blood and hair samples for drug and alcohol test.

Not sure what you mean by "one side of the story". And "in my case"?
Confused by your write-up...

70cuda383 03-11-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colby (Post 1171839)
Not sure what you mean by "one side of the story". And "in my case"?
Confused by your write-up...

He means that if he's involved in a defensive shooting, the other guy will not be alive to give his side of the story as to what happened.

but, in today's world of security camera's everywhere...gas stations, banks, grocery stores, department stores, ATMs, traffic cameras, cell phones... doesn't matter if the other guy is DOA. you had better be sure it's a clean shoot.

starving030 03-11-2013 06:38 PM

I live in Ohio also. I think the the CCW laws are to invasive. I don't want to be on a list for people that have or can CC. I'd rather just open carry. It's cheaper and no names are thrown around unless there is a discharge.

Junior966 03-11-2013 07:00 PM

When I was a cop there was one philosophy. ..At the end of the day I was going home..Rather be on trial by 12 then carried by 6...I also live in NJ so just be glad you live in a state you even have the ability to ccw.

txpossum 03-11-2013 07:20 PM

In Texas, deadly force is allowed if you are using it with the reasonable belief that it is necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury to you or anther person, and you cannot have deliverately placed yourself in the dangerous situation.

Of course, there is always the old common law Texas defense of "some people just need killin . . . "

LocoTonyF 03-12-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpossum (Post 1172325)
In Texas, deadly force is allowed if you are using it with the reasonable belief that it is necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury to you or anther person, and you cannot have deliverately placed yourself in the dangerous situation.

Of course, there is always the old common law Texas defense of "some people just need killin . . . "

From a fellow Texan, there's no place like Texas for concealed carry friendliness. I am hoping the open carry gets through the state house this session.