An odd one
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > An odd one

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Default An odd one

Picked up an odd one yesterday from a fella on my local GA forum. He had offered this gun+ammo+cash for my Commander but I really didn't want to swap. Since I no longer had a 9mm, I made him a cash offer I felt reasonable and he accepted yesterday.

It's a Jericho 941s semi-compact steel frame with rail. For a while these were imported by Magnum Research (called the Baby Eagle) and then by Charles Daly (out of business now). They are the issued pistol of the Israeli military. Feels a lot like the CZ-P01 in the hand but it's heavier as it is all steel. Fit & finish are really nice and build quality is evident. Got the gun and 1000 rounds of ammo at a reasonable price and a third of the ammo was good SD rounds. I'll be putting the Streamlight TLR-2 on this one and it will sit on the coffee table as a home defense gun...

img_0958.jpg   img_0959.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Cool find Dave! How does it shoot? I wouldn't mind finding 1 in .41 action express just for the caliber. I like oddball stuff like that.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 03-20-2010, 02:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Cool find Dave! How does it shoot? I wouldn't mind finding 1 in .41 action express just for the caliber. I like oddball stuff like that.
Don't know yet Bear as I picked it up just before I left for home in SC. I'll get it to the range this week though. I have shot one of these in .45 and it was very accurate and comfortable to shoot...

Old 03-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #4

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Dave, I must say you have an eclectic taste in your gun collecting.

I wish I had the ability to have the revolving door style of your accusations. It allows you to accept most any weapon, at a knowledgeable/reasonable price, just to experience the platform. This permits you to "try out" an incredible amount of different offerings expanding your practical experience.

Kudos for making that knowledge available to us.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Nice pistol. It kind of looks like a CZ.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Nice pistol. It kind of looks like a CZ.
They are a CZ clone as IWI buys the slides and frames from Tanfoglio in Italy and then assembles/finishes the pistol in Israel. Like a CZ, the slide runs inside the frame. One thing I've found out so far: I know the Israelis carry chamber empty - this is not an easy gun to quickly rack the slide as there's not much slide to grab...

Old 03-20-2010, 04:07 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Cool find Dave I like those pistols. I had a Baby Eagle .40 for a couple of years, got it used and shot it alot. I never had a single problem with it and it was surprisingly accurate.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

That is nice. My BIL has one in .40 with the Polymer frame and it is a real nice shooter. I have been thinking of getting one myself. Those Steel framed ones sure are heavy. Good find. Waiting on the range report.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:43 PM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Dave, you do not want that pistol! You will not like it, it will be to heavy for you. Them Israelis do not make comfortable, reliable, accurate, functional or tactical pistols.

Just send it to me, hell I will give ya $100 for your trouble. No need to thank me, you will just be damn glad to have someone take that awful paperweight off your hands.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 03-20-2010, 10:13 PM   #10

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 237

I looked at Baby Eagles at Sportsman's Warehouse a couple of times, they felt really good, fit my hands nicely. I liked the idea that they had steel frames. Had they been available when I was able to buy I might have gotten one.