Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > NYS handgun laws...help!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #21
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Yeah I suppose I can't argue with that. Lol

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #22

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Did you WANT to argue?

in·tu·i·tive/inˈtoo it iv
Adjective
1.Using or based on what one feels to be true even without conscious reasoning; instinctive.
2. Easy to use and understand.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #23
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

I suppose I can if your really want.
You said your statement was definitely not contradictory,but....

trap [trap ]

noun 1. a contrivance used for catching game or other animals, as a mechanical device that springs shut suddenly. 2. any device, stratagem, trick, or the like for catching a person unawares.

By definition it is a trap.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #24

OK Mountain, u didn't understand what counterintuitive meant -- no problem as it was pretty obvious and I worked u through that. But there are still no "traps" at the airport.

There are laws. And there are cops who are enforcing them to the point of harassment. In NJ I would argue they might break the laws themselves with few qualms. Different state.

I actually had a cop freak out on one trip transiting through JFK to Alaska after I answered him I had checked in 10 rounds of .44 Magnum in a separate-from-guns (TSA padlock locked) case and hadn't told the ticketing agent. TSA came out to find out what all the commotion was about. Enraged, the screaming cop told him what I'd done (which there was nothing wrong with). The TSA Captain looked at him and calmly, quietly, said "Yes. We saw it. Now what exactly is your f*****g problem officer?"

The ignorant transportation cop eventually asked me if I knew what the gun laws in Alaska were, warned me he had all my information, and I had a great trip from that point on including flying BACK through JFK. No trap there either.

Know the law, follow it, be a careful person, err on the side of caution*, and be a good citizen. This isn't that hard...

*My handgun was in a TSA padlock-locked suitcase in its own key-locked steel guncase that was cable-locked to the frame of the suitcase and had a trigger lock as well as locked internal hammer-lock. Plus, as already mentioned, the very limited ammo was in a separately checked locked suitcase. I assured it would be completely useless to anyone at an airport under any circumstances.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 09-02-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #25

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
But there are still no "traps" at the airport.
You have obviously never used the public restrooms in chicago midway international, eeeekk.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #26

Inever, I sure have, and that includes before they refurbished it as well. The bathroom I can live with. It's the drive in to Chicago proper from there that scares me to death. LOL

Old 09-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #27

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

When it comes to the try state area. Don't. Nj ny in theary you can drive thure the stAte. If your stoped. You will be arrested. After a few night in jail and thounds of dollars for a layer they will drop the charges and good luck getting the guns back. Is you stop in ny nj for anything other then to pee or fuel up. Then your nolonger covewred by the traveling protections. And will be busted for not haveing a regustered gun or the proper state firearm doc. And enjoy you stay in state prison. Also. This happpened to me. Was getting a speeding ticket in nj. The trooper found out I had a va licens to carry. Then. Tour up my car looking for a weppen. But I new better than to bring on thir. Ended up in big argument with sargent when I demanded they return my car to the way they found it. Should have sued. Majoy volation of the. 4th. Then did clean up my car when I called for a luantnet

Old 09-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #28
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1651 Times on 1007 Posts
Likes Given: 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 View Post
"It is unlawful for any person to carry, possess or transport a handgun in or through the state unless he has a valid New York license."

Right from nys gun laws
Typical NY junk. Federal Firearms Owners Protection Act is supposed to override that law, but there are loopholes in FOPA. See the thread on "New Rant on Old Topic". At the end of the day, I agree with most here, just leave it at home.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 09-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #29

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

In reality you should say screw New York, and come visit Texas. We won't let you in if you don't have a gun on you.