NYS firearm shop/ranges?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > NYS firearm shop/ranges?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1739 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Default NYS firearm shop/ranges?

I’m sure this is way premature, but I’m going to ask anyway.

Where-O-where are these firearm shop/ranges where you can rent handguns for one to try before buying ? ?

I’m in NYS about an hour south of Montreal. Google isn’t much help. In NY & VT it gives me lots of sportsman’s club’s with ranges, or just plain rifle ranges without shops. There’s enough shops around, both big chains and small local stores, but they don’t have ranges, or rent I wouldn't think.

I’m not really expecting one to be across the street as I live in the middle of the forest and the population density is too low to support such a business, but the closest one Google offers is Davis Shooting Sports about 5 hours away in Goshen, NY. Although it does look like it would have a good selection of guns to try.

Can anybody recommend one in or near the North Country?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8863 Times on 3838 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

I know there is one over in Niagra Falls, but that is even further from you. Other than going over to Lake Placid, and sneaking into the Olympic Training facility, am going to suggest you check with two groups- your state rifle and pistol association- New York State Rifle & Pistol Association AND with the NRA. My intimate knowledge of the geography in NYS involves knowing that the flight into Saranac stops at Albany- sorry

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I used to live in NYS but I was closer to NY and to get a hand gun you could get one but NOT LEGAL!.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:33 AM   #4

Liked 1739 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
I used to live in NYS but I was closer to NY and to get a hand gun you could get one but NOT LEGAL!.
I know, I used to live in Manhattan. Where I live now bears are a bigger problem than muggers, not that bears are really a problem.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I use to live in Westerchester county and to get a hand gun you have alot of papers to fill out! like a book report! and then after you spend the money to join a range and buy a gun its up to a county judge and if he says NO then your SCREWED you loos all the money and gun I'm so glad I'm outta that RAT HOLE.