Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Now this is a plinker pistol! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/now-plinker-pistol-30454/)

michigan0626 08-15-2010 08:20 AM

Now this is a plinker pistol!

Vid of the upcoming Kel-Tec PMR 30. Its a . 22 WMR that holds 30 rounds in the magazine. Plinking,target shooting, bush and trail gun type pistol. I wouldnt trust its usefullness in self defense settings,but somethings better than nothing.

CA357 08-15-2010 05:43 PM

That would be a fun plinker. Of course, even if it is "approved" for California, it would be limited to 10 round magazines. :rolleyes:

michigan0626 08-15-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 332157)
That would be a fun plinker. Of course, even if it is "approved" for California, it would be limited to 10 round magazines. :rolleyes:

Being limited to 10 round mags takes away most of the interest in this pistol for me.

If I happen to get this promotion in California there definately are a lot of gun laws(infringements) that I'll need to learn. The only thing I that saves me is that I will be one of the very few that could conceal carry in Cali, and I dont need a permit. Thank God for the Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act (LEOSA).

stalkingbear 08-15-2010 06:40 PM

If it was outfitted with fully adjustable sights & a good trigger it would appeal to me more. I'd want a match style pistol for small game hunting but then I'm an accuracy freak. I might get 1 & use it as a custom build base.

paul 01-02-2011 10:31 PM

Kel-Tec .22WMR pistol 30rd

Does anyone know where to find one of those things, been looking for a while now, Texas area? It puts a lot of wasted powder out the barrel but what the heck, gun like that is for noise, flame and firepower anyhow, :) I'd be happy with a pistol in the same arena that fired .22LR instead, 30rds. I don't know of any hi-cap .22 mags for pistols, just the 10rounders.

Thelt 01-02-2011 10:56 PM

I would like to have one of these if it proves to be reliable. 22 WMR is supposed to be difficult in semi auto handguns.

JonM 01-02-2011 11:41 PM

some of the early vids ive come across it had problems with jamming on feeding. might be why we arent seeing many yet.

Bigcountry02 01-03-2011 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 413771)
some of the early vids ive come across it had problems with jamming on feeding. might be why we arent seeing many yet.

In Albuquerque, I have yet to come across Kel-Tec PMR 30 for sale at any of the gun & sportings goods stores.

I did have hands on S&W MP 15-22 pistol; but, had to hold off for now.

billdeserthills 01-03-2011 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 413771)

I'm sure it is some technical issue, I even have old catalogs from my distributors showing it for sale months ago, of course None were actually sent out to my store.

JonM 01-03-2011 03:47 AM

the slow burning nature of 22mag powder has always been an issue for 22 mag auto pistols. the amt version had issues with it as well. i think the amt had some wierd gas port type thing drilled into the barrel. the new highstandard version seems to have solved a lot of that.

my original gun collection had a automag2. i been keeping my eye on the pmr30 but right now im leaning towards the new high standard automag2. im waiting till larger numbers of the pmr 30 make it into the hands of real consumers not just gun rag types.