Not sure where to post??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Not sure where to post??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Not sure where to post??

I was wondering if anyone has hand any experience with a Davis Derringer d38 or any other derringer F.I.E hand guns and what you think about them. Good bad reliable? Any info related to, or you think is interesting, would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal408 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has hand any experience with a Davis Derringer d38 or any other derringer F.I.E hand guns and what you think about them. Good bad reliable? Any info related to, or you think is interesting, would be greatly appreciated. thanks
They are nothing more than "novelties".

Old 10-29-2008, 09:51 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

They're junk. They're good for nothing more than a point blank gut shot.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:18 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

i was debating on getting one fore my wife since its small and i dont think she'd be strong enough to pull back the slide on a say a 9mm glock or beretta or anything so i was looking at compacts for her, any suggestions? only think i could think of besides any revolvers would be like a Ruger SR9, but i kinda want it for myself

Old 10-30-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal408 View Post
i was debating on getting one fore my wife since its small and i dont think she'd be strong enough to pull back the slide on a say a 9mm glock or beretta or anything so i was looking at compacts for her, any suggestions? only think i could think of besides any revolvers would be like a Ruger SR9, but i kinda want it for myself
Get your wife a Ruger LCP, or a Kel Tec P3AT. Very compact, easy to shoot, and you get 6+1 rounds of .380 firepower. It should do the trick. That Ruger SR9 will work well for you, but take a look at the P345.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:25 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Beretta Tomcat, Ruger LCP, Walter PPK, KelTec P3AT...

Honestly though, if she isn't strong enough to pull the slide back on a Glock 19, she'll probably have problems operating any pistol.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Old 10-30-2008, 05:30 PM   #7

davis is not a good gun, i had one it miss fired every other shot, now i have a phoenix 25 cal very good gun for the money.about $150.00 i have never had a problem, it is made by a different company now.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

wow, thats a pretty impressive little pocket rocket. do you have the it with a black grip or wood?( and is there a price difference/how much?) and is yours the full auto, and how many rounds in the mag/ extended mag if you know?

Old 10-30-2008, 06:21 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Full autos are illegal in California and something that small would be useless for automatic fire anyway. The Phoenix MP25s have a 6 round magazine and are semi-auto.

I'd avoid junk guns though, especially if it is for your wife. It's possibly her life at stake, why save money?

Roger Waters

Old 10-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

very true, i was reading up about it and a lot of people say that the .25 ACP is not very good and would recommend going with the .22 if anything. I also came across a couple folks saying that its sort of a puzzle gun with a lot of safeties and one police officer said he would not carry it around with a round in the chamber for fear of safety defects. any other suggestions? i was looking at some .38 specials but i dont want her to break her wrist hahaha. (the more i look the more i feel like she'll probably have it for about 2 weeks and then it'll turn to my ankle back up)