Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Not a gunsmith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 12:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Not a gunsmith

I'm looking for some help. I think I want to streamline my collection and do some custom work on my favorites by selling some that I don't really need. Problem is, I've always been a right out of the box guy. I know very little about smithing. Specifically, I would like to make my CZ 75 better and put some nice wood grips on it. Also, I'm thinking of re-blueing my Security Six and adding some nice custom wood grips. The questions I have are what kind of upgrades to make with the CZ. New springs, buffers, extractor? I've heard about a process like blueing but is supposed to protect your gun and make it almost self cleaning or make cleaning a easier. Cerakote or something like that.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-05-2010, 02:18 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

CCR-REFINISHING
I have seen this place recommended for cerakoting guns; there are other places. I have considered getting the slide on my cz75b done, as it has some discoloration from poor storage by the previous owner.

There is some info on the link about the different coatings & such.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:30 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I never really take a gun to the gunsmith without knowing exactly what I want done to it and why I want that thing done. For example I just picked up my new 50 rd .308 drum which was fitted to my cetme rifle. I know people think it is a bad combination but I like it.