Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Norinco Tokarev 213A and 54-1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 04:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Norinco Tokarev 213A and 54-1

I was wondering if anyone could tell me which is better a Norinco Tokarev 213A or a 54-1. I saw both of these listed on GunBroker.com, but have never heard of the name. The 213A is listed as a 9mm with high capacity mags and the 54-1 was a 7.62mm with 8 round mags. I'm not to familiar with 7.62mm, where can you even buy that. Any help would be appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-03-2009, 04:37 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'm not an expert on Tokarevs, so I don't know about the model in 9mm. However, I can tell you that the 7.62 x 25 round is a .30 caliber screamer. It's a very fast bullet, and you can buy it dirt cheap.

If it were me personally, I'd go for the 7.62 round. Take a look at a CZ52. It fires the Tokarev round and I think it's a better pistol all the way around. It's only weakness can be the firing pin, so pick up a spare, they're cheap.

Welcome here. When you get a chance, head over to the New Member introductions and introduce yourself to the gang.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-03-2009, 05:41 AM   #3

The 7.62 X 25 mm round is a bottle neck pistol cartridge used in the Russians PPSHs or whatever you call them and their russian side arms the torkarev.

The round was known for a while as the only bottle necked cartridge of it's time and was sometimes used by assasins and other special operatives due to the rounds ability to pierce certain types of body armour.

the CZ 52 also fires the same round and is bulkier has a better trigger...but a brittle fireing pin....just replace it with a titanium pin and it's good to go for dry firing. The CZ 52 is probably a better option as it can handle the heavier modern loads of 7.62 x 25 mm....and the round is cheap as you can get 1000 round for less than 90 dollars.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Here is information on my 54-1

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/norinco-19552/