Noisy Cricket Commando...new term - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Noisy Cricket Commando...new term

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 04:18 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I have a Ruger 22/45 and a Heritage Rough Rider that are great for new shooters. I always try to start new shooters with a .22 pistol. The sad thing is that there are a bunch of idiots out there that think it is funny to scare a new shooter with too much gun. I say again, "Idiots".
I agree, to little gun is no fun and shows poor judgement, to much gun is dangerous and malicious. I see no humor in the You Tube crap where ladies are catching magnums with their foreheads... just plain stupid.

Tack

Old 05-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #22

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

My first wife had the same experience years before we met. A guy to her on a date to a indoor range and gave her a 357 snubnose pistol, she hated it. I finally talked her into trying my mkII, she loved it. After about 4 weeks of shooting over 1000 rounds she wanted the try my ruger sa in 357. I gave her some light loads i had made and she basically took over that gun. Within 6 years she had 6 of her own guns the last one be a super redhawk 44 mag.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #23

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellwood45c View Post
My first wife had the same experience years before we met. A guy to her on a date to a indoor range and gave her a 357 snubnose pistol, she hated it. I finally talked her into trying my mkII, she loved it. After about 4 weeks of shooting over 1000 rounds she wanted the try my ruger sa in 357. I gave her some light loads i had made and she basically took over that gun. Within 6 years she had 6 of her own guns the last one be a super redhawk 44 mag.
My GF was anti-gun. Why? Oh, because some goober

thought it was funny to "put her in her place" by

handing her a double barrel shotgun with 3" magnum loads

and no warning. Knocked her on her ass, gave her a bloody nose,

and, for a few seconds of mirth, yet another brainless,dickless,jackass

shooter strengthened the anti-gun movement.

We are our own worst enemies, folks...
Old 05-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #24

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I often invite anti-gunners I meet to go shooting with me. Those who have accepted my invitation have left with a more favorable view of guns. I usually have them shoot a couple of my handguns and rifles. They seem to really like shooting my Ruger Mark II Target Model. I have even used my Ruger 10/22 rifle. I always have my guests use hearing and eye protection. I try to show them that all gun owners are not crazed, reckless bad guys to be feared. The people who went shooting with me actually had some fun.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #25
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
I often invite anti-gunners I meet to go shooting with me. Those who have accepted my invitation have left with a more favorable view of guns. I usually have them shoot a couple of my handguns and rifles. They seem to really like shooting my Ruger Mark II Target Model. I have even used my Ruger 10/22 rifle. I always have my guests use hearing and eye protection. I try to show them that all gun owners are not crazed, reckless bad guys to be feared. The people who went shooting with me actually had some fun.

This is the nail in the coffin to anti gunners!!!

The ones i have converted (some dozen souls) it all started with HEATED debates/arguments. Each argument ended with them screaming at me as i calmly and rationally, in an even tone of voice, swatted aside EVERY argument or preconceived notion they ever had about guns (no need to get mad and yell when dealing with anti gunners, as tempting as it may be dealing with their idiotic suppositions, WE have the facts and figures on our side, they have FEELINGS and lies) eventually they become softened up and ready for me issue the final blow or volley, if you will. I challenge that person to come to the range with me for a day. Every single person that has accepted my challenge has left the range with a new respect for guns and gunowners and have become budding gun enthusiasts.

They may still be whinny @$$ liberal douche bags...but they are pro gun whiny @$$ liberal douchebags!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 05-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #26

Liked 2573 Times on 1673 Posts

I had a first date years ago and took her shooting. She had shot before but never w handgun or semi auto. I admit I scared her by loading a mag, explaining that is where the bullets load from, racking(Ruger 22-45), dropping mag, and asking if it was unloaded. She said yes, I pointed it downrange, clicked off the safety, and BANG!

After her shock subsided I explained what and why, and she always will understand how a semi auto works. I know its not the best way to learn, but it worked very well for her.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 05-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #27

Liked 205 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
This is the nail in the coffin to anti gunners!!!

The ones i have converted (some dozen souls) it all started with HEATED debates/arguments. Each argument ended with them screaming at me as i calmly and rationally, in an even tone of voice, swatted aside EVERY argument or preconceived notion they ever had about guns (no need to get mad and yell when dealing with anti gunners, as tempting as it may be dealing with their idiotic suppositions, WE have the facts and figures on our side, they have FEELINGS and lies) eventually they become softened up and ready for me issue the final blow or volley, if you will. I challenge that person to come to the range with me for a day. Every single person that has accepted my challenge has left the range with a new respect for guns and gunowners and have become budding gun enthusiasts.

They may still be whinny @$$ liberal douche bags...but they are pro gun whiny @$$ liberal douchebags!
Good job FMJ.

That's the same approach I take with anyone who has never had any experience either. I offer to take them to a local firing range, and let them try a revolver.

I explain why calling 911 is never a practical solution, since it takes the LEOs at least 5 minutes to arrive, and in that short interval, the crime will be all over with already.

The anti-gun crowd lives in a fantasy world, which allows them to remain lazy cowards, while they pretend someone else can defend them. If that were even half true, crime would have ended a long time ago when police departments began to proliferate in cities and across the West.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #28

Another Cricket error avoided. A former coworker and mentor for who'm I have great respect called me this morning to ask if I thought a Kimber Solo would be a good trainer for his noob wife.

While I would not classify the solo as a "noisy cricket" and have never fired one myself, I have carried a Kahr PM9 for almost 5 years and while a 9 mm in this class is a good CCW choice it's certainly not a joy to shoot.

He's bringing her up to my club in a couple of weeks so we can put her behind my collection of full sized pistols and find out what she likes.

Tack

Old 07-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #29

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

The second handgun I shot was a "noisy cricket" and I was fine. But I was also not a newb or a sissy.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:57 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
The second handgun I shot was a "noisy cricket" and I was fine. But I was also not a newb or a sissy.
If you feel the need to point out that you not a sissy...You're probaly a sissy!

Tack